More distance from Cobra 29 LTD

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by coledurango, Nov 7, 2009.

1. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    ANY high powered radio should go to the battery.

Don't wast your money on a RXF get a radio running what ever power you need.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yup

Yup Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Everywhere,USA(Texas)
    Thats double speak horses**t and it dont fly,if you want to quote S Units
    do it correctly,simple google will prove you to be a complete dip stick
    without foundational knowledge.
    (RST has ALWAYS been subjective,even if done correctly)
    Uncalibrated meters only add to the questionable/validity of subjectivity,
    so can it Bruce.You attempt to question the origin/fundamentals of RST

The only rules to Truckin Radio's is in your delusional world
    Its good for thread hits so we'll continue . . . . .
    Remove that Tcyst from your scrotum and see if he can answer all your imperfect worldly questions

4. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

Keep living your lies if it makes you feel good ......But you fail to show even the exsistance of anything as a " TRUCKING RADIO "

BTW :biggrin_25513:

RST HAS A MEANING that is no longer valid and should never be used on AM/SSB. EVEN on CW it doe not exists but you would not understand so it's pointless to explain.

Calibrated or not there still is a meaning to a "S: unit ....... that even you can't change.

5. M818

M818 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Trucking Radio? that is an interesting concept and could mean almost anything.

The name might apply more to radios that have spent their existence in a truck than radios marketed to truck drivers, with a few novelty exceptions.

I suppose a dented up and dirty old Johnson PPL6060 2-way salvaged from a cement mixer's cab would qualify as a "trucking radio", although "cement truck radio" would be more appropriate because the environment has given the old radio its character.

On the other end of the scale are models intended primarily to be marketed to truckers. There is an example - the "Big Betty" CB. Aside from one in a pickup truck in Alabama, I have never see one in a 4-wheeler. They almost always reside in 18 wheelers.

Any radio with a picture or name of a truck on it could also be considered a trucking radio, but that's sort of like the little kid who wears pajamas with his hero's name and logo.

A true trucking radio is not something that comes from the store. It's something that has been in a truck for a long time and has been well-used by one or more truck drivers. It may have moustache dandruff in the mike grill it is that old. It may have a few mods along the way and more than one tech clean up the mess left by the one before. Trucking radios are not born with that qualification in factories and do not come from shiny colorful boxes, they come from earning their keep in time and sweat and vibration and dust.

flightwatch Thanks this.
  6. Yup

Yup Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Everywhere,USA(Texas)
    Naah, much easier to just call anything illegal per FCC
    a Truckin Radio.

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

8. AP Carolina's

AP Carolina's Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2020
    Wilmington NC
    I am on the market for a new CB, always used the Cobra 29 LTD. Just ordered the upgraded one with the bluetooth and other features. Anyone have any input on the new Cobra and can would the Predator 10k work well with this without anything extra or would I need a box. I drive Pilot car and need a good strong cb setup that sounds good and is dependable. What do you recommend?

9. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

I'm sure you'll be fine with the new cobra29 Bluetooth. The predictor 10k is probably overkill for Pilot Car usage.

weasel Thanks this.
  10. weasel

weasel Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2006
    A 5 foot Francis, good s w r would good!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.