More help with 06 and newer dash/gauges

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by w9l, May 19, 2021.

1. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Ok, so I used a butter knife to pop wood gain trim off off dash. All one piece so br gentle. Then I removed the Phillip's screws holding the nav screen/ gauge panel in and pulled it out giving access to the back side of gauges. I removed daisy chain plugs from the back of my def gauge and rear axle temp gauge. Those are the top two far right gauges I am wanting to remove and rearrange. Now it appears that there is a plastic collar that is threaded to back side of gauges that hold them in. Problem is, when I turn the collar the gauge turns in the dash. So does anyone know of a tool or procedure for removing the gauge. Called dealer-no help.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    So here is what I have figured out since last post. To remove the threaded collars I took a piece of thin wall plastic tube with an i.d. of around 2.300 that I saved from a shopvac or leaf blower or something of that nature and cut off an 1.5 inch piece of it and then split it and lined it with some adhesive backed sandpaper of a random course grit, 120 maybe... That slips over collar and gives you a good grip on it to unscrew it. I tried big channel locks, the rubber lined lug nut cover pliers, a small engine ring compressor and a hose clamp before this invention. About anything that can be slipped over collar and has a little rigidity would work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.