Morehouse/FCC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bzinger, Aug 31, 2017.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I’m in Ohio. May be heading to Swedesboro NJ tomorrow. Had to shut down early so the Applebee’s bartender is helping me cope.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    If I was in OhiO i might have to drink too lol

4. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    LOL. I’m ok with the Ohio part only because it’s not Cleveland or Cincinnati . It’s the NJ part that I don’t want lol.

5. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    The employees here are fun and I feel like tying one on but I can’t. So aggravating lol.

6. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Only went to NJ once, Secaucus, to a ratty UPS terminal

bzinger, JoeyJunk and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I usually go to decent places at decent times but my past experiences there still have me hating that place.

I live south of Pittsburgh PA. I have grown very fond of the south and hate the North and Northeast. But girlfriend can’t leave her job blah blah blah

8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Gonna get a little personal here which I dont often do .
    Today's subject is severe alcoholism.
    About a month ago my sister in minnesota called me and told me my brother in can no longer drive and filled me in on the progression of his disease saying come get his pick up it's in my way and you can have it .
    2003 ranger ext cab xlt 4x4 in pretty decent shape .
    Bob has drank like a fish and worked very little for most of his 61 years along with lots of weed .
    Even tho I never respected him I will say he was very intelligent , funny , good to his kids and a hell of a cook !
    And tough as nails all things considered as he has been hospitalized 3 times in the last 5 years for liver failure.
    The last being a month ago ....a couple days ago they told him and the family he has less than a year left if he quits drinking and 90 days if he starts drinking again ....hospice is already arranged and first stop home from the hospital was the liquor store so he can drink himself to death .
    What a waste !
    Has anybody else ever seen anything like this ?

9. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Yes. My uncle. Almost exactly as you described. Drank his whole life, never worked. Lots of weed. Hell of a cook and never gave up on his kids. Was found dead in his apartment after starting to stink.

Cause of death surprised us. Fentynal overdose. His daughter was an addict and we never thought he would touch the crap. Then again he was always threatening suicide, so maybe this was his way out.

10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Unfortunately yes, my closest cousin drank herself to death, cirrhosis of the liver, the whole nine. Total waste, all because a guy broke her heart.

11. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    You guys are really ruining my buzz and making me feel bad for drinking tonight lol.

I’ve known some drunks in my time. Hell I was one for 8 years. My longest binge was 8 straight months. My moms whole family was alcoholics and I had a taste for it. Still do but don’t drink often at all anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.