Morehouse/FCC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bzinger, Aug 31, 2017.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    So far I've lived in Milwaukee
    Minneapolis
    Fargo
    Joplin mo
    Hudson , menomonie and Osseo Wisconsin.
    Great falls and Helena Montana.
    Council Bluffs and omaha .
    Needless to say I'm tired of moving and won't be leaving the omaha metro again .

Vic Firth, wore out, Rugerfan and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    . Heck I fell in love with that place just from the pictures you posted.

4. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    Heck, between you and Tom I’m about to busta move to “I’ve Been Everywhere Man” lol

Vic Firth, wore out, JoeyJunk and 6 others Thank this.
  5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Chock some that up to stripper glitter , me love you long time and my dysfunctional family that I couldn't wait to get away from when I was 16 ...twas on juvenile probation in Minnesota and tired of the bs so I hitchhiked fargo nd in 1979 lied about my age and got a job unloading trucks at grocery warehouse there .
    Rented an apartment, bought a cheap car with no drivers license or insurance and called my probation officer back in Minnesota telling him im in north Dakota working and ain't coming back ...come get me ....they never did ....lived in Fargo from 1979 to 1991 when I moved to council bluffs .

6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    And nope I didn't finish high school..completed to 10 grade and said goodbye...no regrets either ...best thing i could have done givin the circumstances.

7. dwells40

dwells40 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Same here still make plenty of money!

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Would you say Omaha is decent ? Like raise a family decent?

9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yeah ....definitely been a learning process tho lol .
    I've only started to enjoy math and accounting in the last few years ....mostly because I know where the money is going and how to plan for next year .

10. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    I'd say you have a PHD in life.

11. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Thats a deep subject.
    Omaha is quite segregated...let me grab a beer lol.
    Ok let's first put omaha and council bluffs together cause its the same town ...and its gonna sound racial...cause it is !
    Its a great place to live and for an area with a population over a million it has a low crime rate .
    It has great restaurants and entertainment with a world class zoo and home to the college world series , the omaha royals , the Nebraska cornhuskers etc etc ....you asked so this will get windy lol...I want you informed.
    People there for the most part are friendly and outgoing.
    Unless there's an accident on 80 , 480 or 680 or West dodge road its a 20 minute town .
    Its home to union pacific rr , multiple insurance companies, werner , Berkshire Hathaway, and many food prosserrers like Kelloggs , tyson , con agra , greater omaha beef , Nebraska beef and everything else associated with food prossessing .
    Omaha is loaded with old money and a trucking mecca but its very competitive and not easy to gain access too.
    Next subject ....housing.
    Racial segregation didn't end in omaha until 1976 and tho its now longer the law it still exists to a degree .
    Blacks live in north omaha .
    Hispanics live in South omaha.
    Whites , Italians and bohemians live in Central omaha ..
    Working class whites live in council bluffs .
    Those with money and lots of it live in regency and west omaha and no problem to spend a million on a house out there now
    Omaha pd and council bluffs pd are top notch as well as fire protection and city services, taxes are reasonable.
    Depends on your income in the omaha area ....I live in a good area of north o and buying the house I rent for 50k and will spend another 20k getting it up to par .
    But it isn't west O.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.