Morehouse/FCC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bzinger, Aug 31, 2017.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Dammmm and I thought I was off to a rough start this week ! But between you and a flatbed pal of mine who dumped part of his load on the road in omaha I'm feeling pretty good now .
    I was supposed to leave omaha at 0900 yesterday morning so with clock running I arrive at the yard to find out the shipper is having problems so I spend all day there ....load is going to Broussard la for Friday at 0730 ...finally get out of omaha at 1700 know I'm screwed for Friday and will be a Monday truck...run down to kc mo and call it a day .
    Dispatch calls early this morning confirming that I'm now a Monday truck ...no surprise there so I figure I'll use the time have new steer tires put on and clean on the truck .
    Get up make bed , get dressed, get coffee and start truck and have 2 check engine lites come on , also notice all the exterior lights on the truck and trailer on but the switch isn't on and also notice the cruise is disabled , none of the steering wheel controls work , Jake doesent turn on and all of the interior lights are disabled .
    But the truck is running so wel just see what it does ....entering I 29 I notice I have no signal lites either ..wonderful !
    So I sneak thru kc heading south and get off at the Harrisonville mo loves to see if I have brake lites and It thankfully did .
    Currently waiting on the freightliner dealer at Neosho mo replace a bad cab control module tmw morning....good news is I went to the loves here and got new steer tires while I'm waiting in one of the brands I wanted but they are seriously short on tires .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    My turn I guess. Pretty annoyed at the moment. Trk went in for a simple oil change, and it is now at the dealer. Something about the oil change plug, is special I guess. Anyway, it was over torqued and now the whole pan needs changing.
    They came and got my truck and about an HR later they call back and ooops, we have no pan in stock, will get it in @0100.
    Am in a motel now.

4. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Well my goofy issue was solved this morning with a new switch and light module for 391.00 which I thought was very reasonable, I highly recommend the freightliner dealer in Neosho Missouri ...outstanding service and people!
    I have to admit that I haven't been very happy with the ride quality of my last 2 sets of michelin steers but the wear rate was great .
    Hit I 49 this morning and 1st thing I did was run it up to 80 mph ...not even a hint of vibration out of these hankooks and my Michelins both sets would start hammering at about 72 .
    Shop manager at Morehouse told me they have been having issues with michelin steers lately too even getting new ones that wouldn't balance out and wear poorly .
    I think maybe michelin has lost my business and the hankook drives I put on last fall still look new.

5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    been there. First job we spent 7 days at a hotel in SLC while Freightliner fiddled with the oil pan drain plug thingy. I rented a car and went sightseeing lol

6. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Hoping that doesn't happen here. Supposed to be leaving out with a BHJ load in the morning. Wonder what kind of body parts for pet food, that I'll be carrying this time?

7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Going to Kal can in Columbus Ohio or vita line in hazelton penn ? Morehouse does that and it's always hearts , lungs and spleens ...thank God every day I'm not a ###### dog !

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Kudos to my buddy russ aka @wore out for his infinite wisdom on all things Arkansas.

9. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Bloomsburg PA.

10. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    @bzinger

Fat Truck Driver: 1
    Tree sandwiched between 2 fences and didn't want to die: ZERO!

I was worried for a minute but I won out.... with the help of 65 bucks worth of Triox.

11. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Council Bluffs and Omaha got hammered last night. Lots of trees down and power outages going on.

Trying to drive around here is taking your life in your hands. People are not realizing that the stop lights are actually out, and they whiz right thru them. Already seen 2 accidents caused by that.
    Still waiting on my truck. Supposed to hit the road in 35 minutes and part still isn't here. Part coming from Des Moines and was supposed to have been here at 0100. Feeling frustrated at the moment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.