Mortgage for owner operator for house??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Chris50, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    Hey Im trying to buy my first home and want any advice from anyone who was able to get a mortgage loan as an owner operator.. Im in my 3rd year as owner op so i have 2 years of tax returns but with per diem and depreciation plus ira deductions my income is below the poverty line.. I did read where some places will add back in the depreciation but im not sure thats going to be enough for a $200k loan with $50k down..... I can easily pay the mortgage and i would still have over $100k in the bank/stocks/iras but after reading more it looks like other assets arent much help they go by adjusted income.....Any advice or input appreciated, lender or broker names and numbers??? thx

Chris

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I lucked out and a family friend was the president of the local credit union when I got my house.... But with $50k down you should have good luck with finding a lender. Because when you purchase the house you will already be on the positive side of the equity. So even if you don't make a single payment and they forclose, they will still make money. And that's all a bank usually care about is the bottom line. Good luck on your purchase..... And to make things better, why not go around to banks and get foreclosure listings from them. They are much more willing to finance a home they already own and want to get out from under. Just a thought

Dominick253, Grijon and Chris50 Thank this.
  4. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    Thx, I already signed the contract :) but its contingent on me getting financed so i cant lose anything but some time.... Its my perfect place, 3/2 built in 2001 with a 4 car detached garage(built 2008--) on 10 acres, no deed restrictions and a 300$ a month income from a wifi tower on back of property, plus free internet..Have a lot to do on monday i guess,calls calls calls.......

5. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    With all the different loan programs you will get financing. I purchased mine with a USDA Loan with only 10% down. I showed a loss for 2011 when I had my surgery and was out of work for close to a year

Chris50 Thanks this.
  6. bluerider

bluerider Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Washington, DC
    I did't know banks still lent money to people like us. Good luck!

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Credit unions are good for home financing.

SHC Thanks this.
  8. wideglide13

wideglide13 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    You are somewhat right .. Every thing must be perfect for anyone to get loans!! over 650 credit score is one .... SCH the banks don't care how much equity they don't want any more houses than they already have . Right now the banks have more property than lawyers to process them . look up "shadow property " .... I don't know how the other guy got a loan with no income for 2011 ? Don't sound possible to me . So i will through the BS flag

9. Klleetrucking

Klleetrucking Medium Load Member

Dec 11, 2010
    S.C.
    Congratulations on the contract. I cannot stress enough to have a real estate lawyer to represent your interests, maybe $$$ but well worth it. Just be ready for things to move s l o w l y. I had 3 transactions in 2011, drove me NUTS! Good luck, the first time you park at the house will be priceless.

SHC Thanks this.
  10. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Throw the "BS" flag. Here is a sample of some of the requirements they require: http://www.usdaloanagency.com/what-is-a-usda-loan/
    Credit Worthiness: When an underwriter reviews your credit history on a USDA Loan the major thing they will be looking for is a history of paying your bills in a timely fashion. If you have had blemishes in the past they may be overlooked as long as you have reestablished your credit over the past 12 months. Generally, any open judgments or collections will need to be paid off before you close on your new home.
    USDA Loan Income Restrictions: You will need to be able to document your income on a USDA Loan. USDA will generally want to see a two year history of employment or consistent income. Exceptions on the two year requirement can be made for applicants such as students. On a USDA Loan Assets are not required for approval, but can help overcome any possible blemishes on credit.

After working with my case manager due to my credit rating coupled with the fact of still making on time payments while out of work due to illness it wasnt an issue as every year except that one showed positive income.

So even though I showed a loss due to truck payments and insurance plus storage fee's as the truck was stuck in Memphis where I got sick. I was given an exception; just like students are.

Your BS 650 score isnt that important as banks know most everyone took a hit when the economy tanked.

So before you throw your BS flag how about get informed on the MANY types of loans that are available for housing

11. wideglide13

wideglide13 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    Slowly ? Unless it is short or forcloser sale .If it is owned by private party he should be able to have it all said and done with finance approval, inspections and in house in under 30 days at the most

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.