Mortgage for owner operator for house??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Chris50, Mar 2, 2013.

1. wideglide13

wideglide13 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    Congrats on a excellent credit score .That score is not seen by most .

SHC Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    849 to be exact...Thanks Alot.I worked hard to get it there..

4. wideglide13

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    Wow 850 is the highest so you have a perfect score .
    I did all the tricks you can do and got my score to 740 . Was told over 750 was hard to do mostly people with a lot of cash in bank do get it . So i would guess you sold the house and had a lot of cash from it and that is what made it so high . I am sure now with the mortgage and that cash put down and not in savings account the score went down but still will be high

5. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Yes.I keep an open credit on only 2 credit cards.I have 1 loan on house and the rest is in the bank.

6. wideglide13

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    The more credit cards you open the higher your score will go and you don't have to use them . Never close a card that will bring your score down

7. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Yes,thats how i did it...Having the ''cash'' is a huge help too...CASH DOWN talks...

8. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks for all the replies, reading of others experiences gives me hope.... I will try the USDA one if the local places ive found to call fall through,hate to pay a higher percentage as i dont think im any more risk than a lot of others are... My credit score is excellent so that shouldnt be an issue

9. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    You can always find financing, IF you are willing to pay the price. There is somebody, somewhere, who will lend you the money, just have to find them.
    Seems to me like I can always borrow money easiest when I do not need it, but when I HAVE to have it, very hard to find.

10. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    That tower rent is cheap.......I'm not saying don't do it, just an observation. A cell tower in Texas has to have 1 acre of land for the guide wires and access and normally fetches $1500 / mo. ( no free service though ) You may not be able to "use" the land the tower occupies. Depends on the contract.

I would have an expert look at the rent contract on the tower ...eventually. Shop the legal profession in your area for a lawyer whom specializes in this field.

JMO and good luck! Sounds like a deal !

11. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    A USDA loan must be "address eligible" And u must meet income requirements also. And OP already said his adjusted income was below poverty line, so it may not be likely. If im not mistaken ALL USDA loans are no money down. FHA loans require at least %3.5 down. You can check online to see if property your trying to buy is USDA eligible.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.