MOST COMPANIES WILL SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Joseph Smith, Sep 30, 2022.

1. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    I'm having those issues right now and know that might be occurring where as I spoke to the owner and dispatch etc. Now, everyone's on board however I feel that their trying to max out my Eld. There is no room for error on my trip sheet from call to call. Besides 1 hr not including my 30 min Break & back in unload time at 4 different customers on a 560 mi run. Their mentality is 'other drivers did it' but possibly their trucks aren't governed @ 65 mph like mine is?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    "Other drivers did it"?
    And what, may I ask became of those "other drivers"?
    We're they promoted to some better position? My bet is that they were ran absolutely ragged, had to quit, and work somewhere else.

4. Savvy00

Savvy00 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2022
    Transam often forced me to drive over my 11/14. They would set the drop appointment at the 10th hour knowing #### well its going to take the receiver 3-5 hours to unload me. Then I would be forced to PC out of the receiver in the middle of the night and pray I could find a spot to park my truck somewhere.

Also when it came time for me to go home for hometime they would route me to Dallas for a drop (usually when I had like 68 hours left on my 70) then from there tell me to PC my way home to houston. Quite a few times I had no time on my 70 so I had to drive dirty 4 hours just to get home. I hated those basterds

5. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    “Other drivers did it”. The ol’ faulty comparison fallacy. The idea that just because Driver A did it and driver B did it, then therefore driver C should also be able to do it. I hate when trucking companies or dispatchers use that ridiculous fallacy

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    The only one who "forces you" to drive over is you.....

7. Savvy00

Savvy00 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2022
    Your wrong the two times I did refuse first time they made me do my hometime at terminal. Second time they gave me a service failure. A service failure wiped out your guaranteed salary for the month with them.

8. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Hometime at the terminal? Oh hell no. See you later.

JoeyJunk, Savvy00, Speedy356 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    Why was there a second time?

10. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Exactly! That would be driver C
    My point has less to do with the O.P. and more to do with the notion that all CDL drivers are these homogeneous, monolithic, employees all capable of the same skill set or we all acquiesce to violating the HOS, and that’s simply never the case

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    When it comes to truck driving as a truck driver dispatchers often forget you are the captain of the ship and you call the shots. You let them know how much time it’s gonna take to safely get the truck from point A to point B. Taking into account the endless possible scenarios and you’re driving style to do it. Nothing else matters. And as another poster said at the end of the day you’re not gonna be there super hero. They don’t care. Once they cross that load off their list they move onto the next and leave you out there stressed out, sleepless, risking your CDL so they didn’t have to do their job properly. Don’t ever let a dispatcher pressure you. Now I’ll take a hot load all the time. If the math adds up to where I think I can get it there in time. But if the stars have to align for that to happen I’ll send them a message and tell them I’m not making any promises or guarantees but I’ll give it my best shot. If it’s mathematically impossible or literally everything has to align absolutely perfect, then I’ll tell them to reschedule it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.