Most Important Questions From New Drivers Threads

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WiseOne, Aug 8, 2007.

1. CellNet

CellNet Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Chicago IL
    Thanks, okiedokie!

First i started on a 2006 Volvo n780 automatic for two weeks, juz to be able to feel the road and get some experience with the size. After two weeks and about 8k miles, I switch to 2011 International with manual transmission. Hard for me, i never had experience on a manual. Now i have about 10k miles i am juz ok, not good yet. Not a good driver yet, but trying to become. I am with Co Driver so he is trying to teach me. We made few trips Chicago - Los Angeles - Jersey - TX, i love it. Its a resposnible job but i enjoy it. ;)

Kajidono, thanks to you, but i had no net to see your post, so we had to drive around a little, but everything was fine just lill bit more miles driving experience for me :)

now we are in la, ca i guess we are going back to IL today later on.

take care

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stuck

stuck Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2011

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  4. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    If you can't search back that far, nobody else can either. Don't let them scare you with bs. Even if they had some magical way of finding it, they would have no way of figuring out what the fine was. It wasn't even a moving violation anyway. Don't say anything about it at all.

I have speeding tickets from when I was a teenager, for example. Never put them on any application. Never had a problem with it. Nobody can see them, they're just too old.

Also, you can get a copy of your MVR from any DMV office. It's like $11. No big deal. If something isn't on there, it never happened.

5. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Most companies only care about the last 5 years, even on DUI's its typicly a 10 yr issue. And that being such a small ticket that long ago dont worry about it....UNLESS the question on the app is Have you EVER gotten a ticket, then you have to say yes, but if there is a time frame and your ticket does not fit into it, keep it to yourself.

American Trucker

6. stuck

stuck Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2011

7. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    If you can't find it on your full drivers history, how will they find it?

8. stuck

stuck Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2011

9. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    As far as I know, you don't. There is no resource that they could access to find it that you couldn't. If you can't find it, they never will. If the ticket was dismissed, there's no reason it would show on any kind of record. To dismiss it is to make it as if it never existed.

10. DeNoZ

DeNoZ Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Hendersonville, NC
    Passed my driving test with US Xpress. Orientation for the next three days then out with a trainer. A new career in trucking after 30+ years in the printing business. At 50 years old, I NEVER would have thought I would be where I am today.

11. cheburgie

cheburgie Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    nor, cal
    attending central tech in drumright ok. then prehire with con-way truckload. any advice?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.