Most insulting thing another driver can do

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by abyliks, Sep 10, 2022.

most insulting thing another driver can do?

1. Kicking your new puppy

42.9%
  2. Calling your mother a wh@re

12.9%
  3. Attempting to pass you while driving slightly faster

44.3%
  1. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    This ^^^^^^^^^
    I just pass on the right and they get the train horns & the finger
    They are self centered inconsiderate A-holes

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    When I'm in jersey on 80-78-95 I make it further in the right lane anyways. The turnpike goons all have a train bumper to bumper at 50mph because their container hauling, fender flapping, steering wheel shaking trucks are downright scary to go any faster

RockinChair and ncmickey Thank this.
  4. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    33-22 or vice versa...less it’s an/pm rush hour...1.5 miles shorter and you avoid both pulls
    Just sayin

5. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    usually only do that when going into Bethlehem but I may have to try it, usually I just run 33 up to 80 at that point though

6. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    It happens to me all the time. Then when I get back behind the truck that won't let me pass, he or she will slow down.:mad:

Moon_beam and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  7. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    The other day I had to make a right hand turn at a four street intersection with traffic lights. The road I was turning right on to was a two-way street with just one lane for the oncoming traffic and just one lane for people going the other direction. Before I made the right hand turn, there was a car on the street I needed to turn on to, and this car was stuck at a red light. So I had to buttonhook the right hand turn. The CDL Manuals for all the states of the USA say that the proper thing to do in this situation is to make a buttonhook turn. So I swung far forward and then swung my truck to the right and stopped in front of the car. The lady in the car would not back up at first. So I honked the air horn. It was crystal clear that there was no other way for me to make this turn except to buttonhook in to the lane her car was in. Finally, the lady backed her car up about 20 feet so I could make the turn. As I was driving by her, I was going to wave to signify "thank you for backing up". I looked at the lady, and she flipped me the bird! :mad:

8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    theres what a book says and then there’s real life, I’ve got turns I have to wait for a break in traffic so I can swing out to the opposite curb then while in the turn drive up the side walk a truck length or two so my trailer can clear a pole/building, ####ing Jersey…

9. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    The manual also says you can’t force traffic to get out of your way. She had every right to sit right where she was.

expedite_it Thanks this.
  10. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    So if you were in my situation, you would have just sat there and waited for the road to the right to be clear before attempting the turn? Hmmm.....I never even thought of doing that lol

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  11. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Well I wouldn’t have blasted the lady with my air horn when she didn’t do anything wrong! LOL. When you make a buttonhook turn, you can legally take up all the lanes you need to make the turn, but you still must yield to the traffic occupying those lanes.

Could/should the lady have backed up for you anyway out of simple decency? Of course, but that doesn’t mean she has to.

I don’t mean to pick on you personally, this is just a pet peeve of mine, when truckers think they have the right to force traffic out of their way. That’s just not how it works!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.