Most Respected, State Accredited CDL School in California?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by EphTrucker, Jan 31, 2018.

1. EphTrucker

EphTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Hello,

I am having a tough time pinpointing a genuine quality, State of California accredited 160hr CDL school located here in Southern California that is worth the $4000 to $6,000 of own money to attend. For example the more well known 160 hr, State accredited schools here in So Cal have issues: Many negative ex student reviews indicating the quality of education they received was poor, or school owners under investigation, etc etc.

The conundrum is the respected Linehaul company I wish to work for requires drivers to attend a 160 hr state accredited cdl school. (There is a school in Washington State that places grads directly in to this particular line haul company up there, as a last resort I am considering temporarily change my long held California license for Washington State license, get CDL certified in Washington State, then exchange that CDL to a California CDL.

I prefer to keep it simple and get my CDL in my home state, California. I am willing to travel to any part of California for my CDL training.

If someone has firsthand knowledge of a California State Accreditted 160 hour CDL school located in Central or Northern California, for example please advise.

Thanks in Advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    160 seems like the bare minimum hours. I think most are 240. I start Monday nine is 350 hours.

EphTrucker Thanks this.
  4. EphTrucker

Dec 12, 2017
    Which school? which state?

5. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Craven community college in N.C.

6. EphTrucker

Dec 12, 2017
    sounds great, hope you got low instate tuition rests for your fees, good luck

7. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
  8. ArcticWolves

ArcticWolves Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    Whatever you do don't go to Roadmaster's. They took $6495 of my own money 4 years ago and don't care if you pass or fail. You get one chance to pass if you don't trifecta you are put at the bottom of the DMV appointment list and will have to wait additional weeks to retest.

9. EphTrucker

Dec 12, 2017
    Hi ArticWolves, yes many people have had similar reviews online of Roadmasters. I was also really turned off that Roadmasters is owned by Werners. Considering that some drivers on forums have reported Werner maliciously attempting to blacklist them for no other reason than them wanting to leave after their year if service, and other games (see YouTube Smart Trucking video on Dirtiest Trucking Company Trick)

Sorry to hear of your situation with Roadmassa, er Roadmasters. I hope you have recovered and are prospering nowadays.

10. ArcticWolves

ArcticWolves Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    Nope haven't recovered and not prospering. Couldn't sue them due to the contract I signed. Still paying my loan off only 1600 more to go and no CDL A yet!!! W00t. Still trying to make more than 35k a year. About ready to go drive a trash truck LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.