MotorKote on Cummins ISX?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JohnSmith69, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I was just poking a little fun. Sometimes I just can't help myself. I try not to offend anyone.......but.......in this day and age you have to be careful. People seem to get offended so easily these days:eek:o_O:D

mitrucker and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    ikr

4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    I'm normally VERY ANTI ADDITIVE with engine oils, sticking with quality synthetic and nothing else...

However I admit I tried this style additives and have been extremely impressed.

Here's a test of a treated motor that was later ran with no oil and a crankcase filled with water for an hour.

Motorkote once initially treated with 1gallon will clean and keep your engine significantly cleaner inside. Caution to change your oil filter a few times after adding to an aged motor because of the cleaning.
    You will definitely notice it runs better after unsticking rings and dramatically lowering the friction... Besides the noticeably smoother and quieter running engine.
    I've seen a 3-4 psi increase in turbo boost from friction reduction as well .. faster spoolup, less lag. (On pedal and on jakes)

After initially treated, the metals absorb and cure the anti friction coating. To maintain the coating after that only takes a few ounces every PM. About 16oz every PM is enough..

Motorkote is totally different tech from Lucas they're nothing alike whatsoever.
    Lucas is basically just a 60wt base oil with minimal anti wear additives where Motorkote is a dramatic chemical friction reduction technology that cures in the microscopic pores in the Metal. You'll usually see significant MPG increases with motorkote type treatment.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  5. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Have fun with the fix all snake oil oil

Last Call Thanks this.
  6. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I bet you belive in unicorns & pixe dust too

Brettj3876 and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    We now return you to your original programming

Last Call Thanks this.
  8. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    BUT WAIT .. if you call the 800 number in the next 20 mins we will also include this HANDY FLEXIBLE EZ POUR FUNNEL normal it sells for 19.95 .. but act now !!! and your's for free
    Operators standing by now !!!

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Is there a sticker on the frame that specifies brand oil?

It used to be Mobil delvac. The ones we have now say delo400.

What the sticker says seems to be the best to use. Decreases consumption. Gaskets don't leak. Motor sounds quieter.

Unfortunately. Delo is harder to find.

Had good luck with mobile in the earlier isx's. The later ones don't like it now. Sounds like a army tank ready to blow up.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.