MotorKote Stiction Remover

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by fetch, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JohnP3

JohnP3 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Rock Creek B.C. Canada
    You can put any crap you want in you fuel system an injector that has 30,000 lbs injection preasure will push it thru or maybe wash out the tip or crack it. ATF in the fuel is not a good Idea it has Molibdinum in it that may coat the inside of the injector, damaging them.
    There is a study done on lubricity, it is available on Diesel Garage, 2% bio was by far the best. on lubricity 2 cycle oil was 7th.over base fuel with no additives, and not recommended for 2007 and above engines. Howes was 11th, Lucas was 14th, worse than baseline.
    I did engine all my life, never once had a customer come in with a fuel problem admitting he put in an aditive, When I had fixed the problem and washed the unit I use to look in the jockey boxes to find out what they used, many would not admit it,
    Buy clean fuel and keep it clean.
    Just a thought!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC

And then my personal results using bio-diesel kills the fuel mileage as much a full 1 mpg and the cost considered of the other products compared to almost the same results has me using the Wal-Mart 2 cycle oil that maybe helps the fuel mileage compared to the bio hurting it.

Also I agree that clean fuel is very important and that is why the FASS is great to insure long injector life.

4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Two things on this. Many areas now have biodiesel already blended in diesel in varying amounts. Bio has a solvent like effect that will keep injectors about as clean as any additive If an injector is on its last leg, it doesn't matter what you do, you will have to replace it.

On another note, I have grown partial to Schaeffer's fuel additives. I use their oil and grease, and the additive fits in well with that. Keeps injectors clean and removes any carbon residues from injectors, cylinders, and valves. And if much more economical to use than any of the products on the truck stop shelves, even Wally World has a tough time offering any of the fuel additive they have, at a cost per application as good as the Schaeffer stuff.

5. Legionnaire

Legionnaire Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Gents:

I just used the Motorkote stiction remover for the first time, and the results were extremely good.

My mileage had deteriorated to 17 mpg, the engine idle sounded rough and the throttle was extremely unresponsive. After running the stiction remover for 30 min at 1500 rpm, the throttle responds immediately and the engine is running super smooth.

Will post update if mileage increases.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I know they have a nice fancy bottle / container.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. frt60

frt60 Medium Load Member

May 22, 2014

8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I used to think that STICTION was bull and never been a fan of overhaul in a jug ....buttttttt.....I've now seen 3 isx engines tore down in our shop in the 750k range for inframes .
    All were on 30k drains and all had lots of deposits ...all had carbon packing issues ....all were run to complete failure .
    I'm still having oil consumption issues with mine tho it has improved on howes meaner power cleaner after being down to a gallon every 1500 miles and oil drains cut to 15k .
    Was down half a gallon today and feeling rich so bought a bottle of moterkote deposit remover and threw it in and ill run it to the end of the drain cycle and see what happens.
    At 574k it runs great , no smoke or leaks and gets excellent fuel mileage along with idle time under 10% , but it has a thirst for oil that everyone says is carbon packing .
    Already planning on an inframe but if some overhaul in a bottle staves it off what the heck.
    Ps ...ill run it till it blows up but I doubt it will live to 750k ....my shop told me that Cummins has a new cylinder kit that addresses carbon packing.

9. frt60

frt60 Medium Load Member

May 22, 2014

now how do you determine which one is sticking open

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.