Moving Personal Property for leisure with truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bamrbaker, Oct 25, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I’m not disputing that. The part of your comment that I quoted “earlier” is wrong. I even posted the FMCSA link.

By the way, if you run out of hours on an onramp or offramp, then PC out of there. Do not park there even if there are no signs. That can get you a ticket, and I’ve been told by a driver who has been using TVC for years that they won’t fight for you if you are cited for parking on a onramp/offramp. Also, plan your day more carefully so you don’t end up there in the first place.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bamrbaker

Bamrbaker Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Texas
    Now we're talking. Which is fine with me, if they red x me for a random or something I can explain at that time. I def wont be OW/D so if I don't get the bypass it's for a random. But just for the sake of discussion what if I took my DOT magnets off and put Not For Hire magnets on? Even with not fire hire magnets I'm still commercial with apportioned/ token plates so I still need to scale. Even in PC and even not for hire. Correct? The reason I ask this last scenario is NM for instance. Say I want to go camp in NM, if I'm in legite PC mode with my own 5th wheel and I get to Hobbs at 1600. Do I still have to wait in Hobbs until 0600 the next day to scale? Or get a permit online?

4. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    I replied to his second comment first one is wrong too

5. Bamrbaker

Bamrbaker Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Texas
    Incidentally. I talked to Hobbs about this when I went through on Monday. She (one of the new girls) didn't know. They green lighted me with no permit and I was thinking what the heck, so I stopped anyway. There's only one lady working there right now that's a veteran and she's training 2 new girls. If you go through there they're real nice people but bring your patience and coffee.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That's exactly the opposite of what I said on both counts You might want to learn how to read.

Bean Jr. and PE_T Thank this.
  7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I’m done with you. You refuse to admit when you are clearly wrong.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    there are two, and only two, examples of moving that are not 100% personal.
    1. Getting told to move by an LEO.
    2. Getting kicked out of a shipper/reciever and then only to the first safe location.
    What you said

9. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You’re misunderstanding what he means by “personal.” He further explains this on the comments after his.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The Not for Hire means nothing to DOT legally, and it might even get you pulled in more so DOT can verify you are legal. But yes, no matter what you are doing with it, it's still a CMV and must be treated as such. I take it you don't have interstate authority? If you do crossing state line won't matter. If you don't, I'd call and verify with NM's DOT to see what they say.

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You really need to learn to read. Again, that is 100% accurate.
    Show me in the guidance where it's not. You won't find it.

P.S. Unless you can actually show guidance I'm done arguing with the willfully ignorant.

Bean Jr. and PE_T Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.