MTI in Georgia.

Discussion in 'Millis' started by srick773, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Im finally scheduled for the Jan 5th school. Wanted earlier but I will take what I can get. I was hoping to get it asap trying to dodge a wedding where I have to be part of the grooms side lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    good luck to ya Jeep.

4. Alabamaspirit

Alabamaspirit Light Load Member

If nothing changes, I'll be there Jan. 5 Starting a new career after spending 20 yrs in a yarn mill, just to have it close down. Oh well one door closes another one opens.

5. Jeepwj02

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Thats cool....maybe I'll see ya down there. Im excited about going !

6. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    Good luck to you both. Going back out with my trainer after a week break. He took his week vacation while he was training me. I'll update yall later.

7. beehive

beehive Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Elyria, OH
    Is that a week without pay for you, or do you still get training pay? Just curious.

8. HoundDog55

HoundDog55 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee

Good question! I am curious about the answer also.

9. Jeepwj02

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Just got my info letter in the mail on what to bring to school and what not. I read on here all that is needed to start is $100 but in the letter it said that I would have to pay the remaining $400 at the start of the class on the first day. Which to me isnt a huge factor.

Also it said I must bring in my CDL permit and it must not have no restrictions.....but I have restrictions due to me having to wear glasses. Can someone chime in and tell me if this is true and will I not be allowed to attend??

Also it says I must bring in my DOT physical and long form ( from 60 days ) does this mean I need to have one with in the time frame of 60 days of school? I got one 10/8/08 and really dont wanna get another one haha.

I cant call Millis right now im at work and dont wanna be talking about another job where anyone can hear me right now. Any info will be appreciated. THANKS !!!!!!!!!

10. Alabamaspirit

Alabamaspirit Light Load Member

I have plans to go on Jan. 5. I talked to Jazz the other day and told her I had plans to get my physical on 11/7. She said to fax in the long forms. I think if long as you get the forms to them within the 60 days it will be good. Someone with better info can tell you for sure. Good luck and keep us posted on your training.

11. Jeepwj02

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I faxed in mine the day after I got mine so maybe im good on that part. I am also going to the Jan. 5 class. I dont live but a good 30 minute ride from the Hotel/training center. Thought about just driving back and forth but being out of work would kill my savings in gas money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.