MTI School Cost and "What to bring"

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Arthur Dent, Jan 13, 2009.

1. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    As far as trainers go more than likely when you get done with school you will be waiting for a trainer for a little while. As of now they have about 10 people waiting on trainers as of earlier this week. Your trainer will get your phone # from millis and call you when they find out they will be your trainer. They will come to a truckstop close by and pick you up when they get a load going thru the area. If you live close to terminal they will have you meet them there as it is easier for them to get there. Hope this helps you out ask any more questions you have and I will try to help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia

not really true......everyone in our GA class ( 7 ) is already set up with trainers and we have a week and half left to go.

And for what to bring......I HIGHLY suggest learning to back before you come to school. Rent a uhual trailer and spend a day or 2 backing in a empty parking lot or your yard......THIS IS A MUST !! The school is extrememly fast paced and only allow a couple days to learn to back

Alabamaspirit and dawgfan Thank this.
  4. dawgfan

dawgfan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    S. Georgia
    Thanks for the updates, keep 'em comin

5. Alabamaspirit

Alabamaspirit Light Load Member

Jeepwj02
    Will you go out with a trainer from school or get to go home then out? Thanks for the updates.

6. Jeepwj02

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Im set up to leave a week after graduation but that was my choice and they ask you when you wanna leave. Some are leaving right after school.

dawgfan and Alabamaspirit Thank this.
  7. NY Giant Fan

NY Giant Fan Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Lawrenceville, GA
    My questions centers on a bad experience I had without and another company that informed me I was approved. So, I quit my job, and headed for training. However, once there, they stated they would be completing another background check. No big deal (I thought), until the next day, they told me I was no longer qualified, with no further explanation. I know that I told them, everything, so I just wonder if a background checks with Millis has in fact been performed prior to getting their acceptance packet in the mail. Or if not, when are they performed?

For example, do they perform background / MVR checks upon arriving at MTI Training in, GA? Baste on my last experience, I am just trying to cover my bases prior to resigning my current employer, and prior committing to MTI Training; as well as limiting my expenses if possible.

So, if anyone can shed light on this process prior to I make a formal commitment, I would be very appreciative. Especially if you have been assigned to the Cartersville training location.

If you need to connect me directly -mr_bfv yahoo.com. Thanks!!

8. Jeepwj02

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia

to my knowledge they check MVR/DAC before you come to school or come to Orientation if your a CDL A holder with experience.

9. swisschris62

swisschris62 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2008
    here, there, everywhere
    hey jeep
    thanks again for keeping us posted out here
    as i told you im starting feb 16th in wi.
    im really looking forward and reading what your doing makes me want to go that much more
    by chance have you been able to run into some of the drivers whole there and what kind of mileage are guys getting?
    well be safe bro and i hope all goes well for you with your trainer
    have fun!!! your own truck is getting closer by the day :)

10. Jeepwj02

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia

Feb 16th is right around the corner and I wish you and everyone upcoming going to MTI the best of LUCK !!!

I have talked to many drivers in the drivers lounge. I have also over heard alot of them complaining and praising the miles they are getting. Some I have heard are getting 1700 average and some 2700+. So its all depending where you are in the country. Seems most are saying freight is busy up North but spring time coming up freight should be picking up anyways.

Alabamaspirit Thanks this.
  11. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    I'm averageing about 1700 a week right now. begining of march should pick up a bunch. I got my truck in the middle of December, so I know what you guys are going through. I went to the cartersville school.

dawgfan and Alabamaspirit Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.