Much Respect for now on, LTL is kicking my But, 3 months now but the money is good

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by truckerlife74, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Not anymore, our biggest back haul moved it's cold storage warehouse to Columbus and the only other 4 places we pick up from here in town the one is to big for the 28' so the night volume guy with the 50' gets that one.

The other 3 are small time 1 load a week places that certain people have "dibs" at this stage in the game I get 1 back haul a year. No seriously 1 a year on a normal route. We had a big bread bakery that was good for 3-4-5 back hauls a day, but like I said they dropped the cold storage warehouse company they were using and moved there cold store warehouse to Columbus. There bakery is here in Cleveland, but we never did pick up at the bakery always the freezer cold store and now that, that's gone so is the back hauls.

bzinger, Quentin28 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I've never heard that speech LOL! I've had the thing beep at me a few times, although usually I've always slid in at the 14 hour window. We did have one guy once who had a 16 hour day, but there are laws to allow that once in a while ;).

FlaSwampRat and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  4. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Look at some of the positives like getting exercise you will probably have less health problems then someone that sits for 11 hours has a poor diet. Im sure your heart thanks you for getting the blood pumping on a daily basis. You are also home every night and have weekends off. (wish i did) you dont have to sleep in a truck. I have great respect for OTR drivers that do.

5. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I'm home right now LOL!. Actually it's nice if I get off after 8-9 hour shift on Friday it's like having a 2.5 day weekend lol!

I came home yesterday, had a bite to eat sat down for a minute and then around 2:30pm went out side and started working on a project. I have to do some painting around my front door, just to freshen up the wood a bit. So I was able to get all that cleaned up and sanded down just a little and got a nice coat of primer on the wood it looks better already and today I can go out and put and do some painting and that'll be good. I got a nice little jump start.

FlaSwampRat, Cardfan89 and speedyk Thank this.
  6. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    POST YO' CHECKS

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.