Mudflap discounts? Are they slowing down?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by abyliks, Oct 3, 2023.

1. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Is it Just me or does it seem like they aren’t really offering anything for discounts now? 5 cents a gallon, especially that they are charging for credit cards Trying to fuel as much as I can in the yard but doesn’t do me much good if I’m on the road, any other suggestions? Not interested in Nasac dog and pony show to use theirs either

Ruthless Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Seems midwest discounts aren't much. Lots of competition and already low fuel prices.

Bigger discount in the south, and west. A buddy has the Nastac? and pricing s about the same

Oxbow, Siinman and abyliks Thank this.
  4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Fuel went up and discounts went down. I can’t use them with the tiny area I run. Even before I wasn’t able to use them much.

5. big_ron

big_ron Guest

Uber Freight's discount seemed really similar to mudflap but haven't used either in a long time.

6. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    TruckStop has their own now too. Like Mudflap, not sure how good it is

7. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Try Open Roads / TSD

8. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I fuel up at the TA in Dallas Pike, WV exclusively. Luckily this is also my cheapest discounted price. This is only one of 4 fuel stops I go around. Only two of them I get a discount at. Almost all of my miles are right across the river in Ohio.

Flat Earth Trucker and Siinman Thank this.
  9. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I use RTS and some places are small discounts and others are good discounts. Just depends on the location to be honest. Cheapest I found today was 4.05 in Midwest.

Vampire Thanks this.
  10. Sons Hero

Sons Hero Road Train Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Truckerpath had a stop for $3.99 in Illinois this afternoon. I fueled using Mudflap in Illinois this afternoon for $4.05… they had the ramp closed to the cheaper truck stop, and it wasn’t worth a 10 mile detour to me. At $4 diesel fuel, you need at least 8 cents a gallon off to make it worth using Mudflap, otherwise you pay more than pump price.:mad:

11. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    While im not enthused with their discounts in the past 3 months, and the new 1.9% fee on credit cards is annoying, you realise that theres no fee if using your bank account?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.