Mudflap discounts? Are they slowing down?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by abyliks, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Jed2009

Jed2009 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2020
    Midwest
    To each their own for sure but I gotta be honest. $66k in fuel last year and almost all of it was using Mudflap with a 2% cash back on up to $50k card. Then 1%. So altogether it was close to $1160 cash back. I pay my cards weekly and takes about 30 seconds.

The cash back percentage is the big deal with high fuel. $4 fuel is an extra 8 cents per gallon off. Worth it to me. I’m not happy with the new fee on Mudflap. Essentially takes away all the cash back. Now I went with the bank account option but I’m already using my alternative cards more than ever since this started.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr Uturn

Mr Uturn Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2021
    I wont link my bank account either. (My kids call me a stubborn old boomer, stuck in the times)
    But I discovered if I use my debit card. Then at least if its hacked and my money is stolen. The bank will make it right.

Sons Hero Thanks this.
  4. Mr Uturn

Mr Uturn Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2021
    Ya I stopped at an Onvo yesterday. They are no longer taking Mudflap. I was told Mudflao was CHARGING them to much, and the increased business dodnt make up for it. (not sure if cashier knows what he is talking about)

5. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    I downloaded their app.....
    They called me on the phone.....
    I deleted the app.

nikmirbre and Kenworth6969 Thank this.
  6. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I used to use mudflap for most of my fuel but since they started charging 2% if your linked to a credit card I haven't touched them. The prices I get on my EFS card slightly beat or tie with them so now that their fees match my cash back amount there is no point to use them.

Jed2009 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.