Multiple Mention Thread

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MEDITERRANEO, Aug 29, 2005.

Werner or TMC, For a veteran that wants to make the most money

Poll closed Aug 29, 2006.
  1. Werner

40.0%
  2. TMC

60.0%
  1. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Cant say much about running the northeast sector.I think just about all trucking companies have loads going into and out of the northeast.As for no touch freight most companies will pay lumper fees,even Swift does this.I have been driving for Roehl since Aug.and have had 3 occasions where I hired a lumper at a grocery whse.They have paid all three times.As for northeast freight I have done my share of it,I will do my share,but nobody I know of likes it.As long as I dont get a steady diet of it things will be OK.Almost forgot there was a 4th lumper situation at Assoc.Grocers in Southhaven,MS.However the lumper just billed his services to the shipper,who I guess is responsible for lumper fees.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Hmm. So I got one person vouching for Marten, one person vouching for CFI and one person saying Marten is going downhill and nobody saying anything good or bad about Melton. Man. That still doesn't make it easier on me. I think I'll pick Marten because I'm already familiar with reefers. Roehl wouldn't hire me just yet.

4. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    On second thought. Wow. That thread about CFI in the favorite company section is really persuasive.

5. blbrown4

blbrown4 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Does anyone know anything about these two companies in Houston Texas? Averitt Express and Texas International Express?

6. soju

soju Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Lawrenceville Ga
    Don`t know about Tex Int Exp,but Averitt Exp I do know some.I almost went to work for them.Good equip that I see,(I live by there Norcross Ga term).Good running area(SE region for me) and good home time(everyweekend).The only thing was the miles.They couldn`t get me what I wanted(2500-3000 p/w).So what did I do?Bought my own truck and I drive for FAF.Drop and hook,terminal to terminal air freight no more than 30000lbs at the most(alot of the loads are 12-16000 lbs).And I get 2500-3200 mi p/w.I like it alot,but everyone has different taste.:smt025

7. HammerDown5969

HammerDown5969 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2007
    Wherever I want!

i don't know if it's the whole company or just one or two dispatchers but I have a friend who has been loosing money working for them. These dispatchers don't seem concerned about trucks sitting idle waiting on their direction, running hazmat or just plain truck loads in areas not designated for the load, nor getting newbies to run outside rules and regs only to deny all knowledge when the log and safety folks want a pow wow.

8. HammerDown5969

May 17, 2007
    Wherever I want!

This is exactly what my buddy has been telling me is going on with him and he works for Wiley Sanders. I have been giving him every other good truck line I can find to get him away from there but he has not made the move yet.

Now I have to be honest. I have talked to other W.S. drivers who have told me it has to be the dispatcher because they don't get that kind of treatment but man he has been through the mill.

I hope it gets better for you. I do feel your pain!

9. HammerDown5969

May 17, 2007
    Wherever I want!
    This sounds like more of the crap the dispatcher at Wiley Sanders pulled on my buddy. I still won't say that it is Wiley Sanders in general because I have figured this much out. The dispatcher is the company to the driver and the guy my bud has dispatching for him is to speak modestly a moron.

I hope he quits them soon. I see his life blood draining from him working with this vampire.

10. 30Below

30Below Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2007
    corvallis,or
    I start with system california regional in august.

11. maybelle

maybelle Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Weslaco, TX
    Hello folks-
    I'll be teaming up with a friend to drive in a couple of weeks and we were looking into Paschall Truck Lines (PTL), Schneider, CalArk, Celadon, Crete and Heartland Express. Priority of course is moolah but second is hometime at least every 21 days or less . I'm an experienced team driver with 1 1/2 yrs @ CRST (please hold the chuckles, it wasn't that bad an experience) and he has 2+ yrs with USA trucking as a solo and driver-trainer , both dry van . Which company(ies) might be our best bet, and also how would you rate those in the list above, from top to bottom ? We're situated in South Texas (3 hrs. from Laredo). Your input is greatly appreciated. :biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.