My 2018 service awards:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    My 2018 service award goes to R+L carriers:

i've had two truck-ship-only items shipped to me at my residence by R+L. Each time, they were ON-TIME and my stuff arrived damage free. What more can you ask for?

On the other hand, the loser-non-award for "service" goes to my very own UPS freight. Now, why would a upsf employee want to take money out of their own pocket as it were?

Because i would rather not have you pissed off at us and never use us again---as well as tell your friends, then to have you use someone else for a while and then IF and WHEN we ever get our act together, THEN we'll try for you business.

1) UPSF = LDSF (Late, damaged, service freight.)
    Try not to ship or have anything shipped to you using upsf. It will be either late and/or damaged, if it even gets to you at all. We don't care about YOU OR YOUR FREIGHT. WE ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY. YOU CAN JUST DIE FOR ALL WE CARE. SERIOUSLY.

2) i have had managers tell me things (which i will not repeat here) that confirms EVERYTHING i have been stating about UPSF's poor "service."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    R&L is bringing me some tile next week for a bathroom remodel. I'm crossing my fingers because I know how tile shipments can sometimes get damaged along the way. This is my first experience being the actual recipient of an LTL shipment. Pray for me and the missus!

4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I'll pray for you.

Texas_hwy_287 and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  5. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I've never received anything off an LTL truck. However I have shipped LTL before. One time I got my hands on a skid of toilet paper (long story) and shipped it to Corpus Christi, Texas through a freight broker. I got a great price on the shipping!

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    You should be good. I’ve had nothing but good service from them. Strange as it may seem. The drivers I’ve dealt with were some of the best people I’ve ever dealt with. Professional, and extremely helpful. They saved my uncle a bundle of money. But that’s a story for another day.

Mike2633 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    You don't have anything to worry about; Why? Because R+L gives a crap about customer service-----unlike UPSF.

Agree. Good peeps.

(This doesn't mean i want to go work there though..............)

SteerTire Thanks this.
  8. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Also, i hear R+L has a resort just for the employees? So, that's pretty weird? Are they a cult or something?;)

MACK E-6 and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  9. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Anyways,
    My 2018 award for best appearing LTL outfit is:
    And i agree that this is a stupid category, but what the f..........

Southeastern Freight Lines.
    i was going to also suggest fedex frt for the title, but i don't like you guys as you are stealing our thunder.....

The worst appearing, is , hands down, XPO. Man, it must be great getting paid millions of dollars per year to sit on your ### and RUIN a company............... i'm talking about the "ceo" position............

The only reason Estes didn't take this title is because XPO is worse; Conway freight used to have the BEST appearing LTL trucks---with color coding for what region they ran in, but modern "management" ruined that.

Sorry, but those crappy intertrashinal 9200's have GOT to go and the yellow paint jobs have got to go or be redesigned at least.

10. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
  11. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Dayton Freight looks pretty #### good goin down the road here in the Midwest.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.