my 25 week W-2 Proof an LPs getting bent

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Rollover the Original, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    That is a good number! There is a money maker as an O/O but put the L/P numbers in there and it all looks like trash and here's whats so funny. 3 weeks posted and not a SINGLE L/P has put his 1099 up! Guess it's pretty hard to Talk the talk until asked to walk the walk! The show me always will shut them up! That pride thing really does shrivel the dangleys up doesn't it! Those of you thinking of going to a fleece program look at these numbers and when an L/P FINALLY puts his up you'll see the difference from company driving, being a "company" driver but PAYING to drive the truck or bringing your own toys to the party and actually making money!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I will admit I am not a very highly paid company driver. I am at a large company, and I am home almost every weekend. So pay is not like it was when I was full OTR.
    But as a company driver, with no responsibility for truck payments, maintenance, etc. I make over 50k a year. As I said, not great money but not that bad either. I make about half of the pay per mile that the lease OP makes. But with no payments.
    If I wanted to buy a truck I would find one of those off lease Columbia's that are selling in the 18k range, pay 10k down or so, and run my #$% off. Not make insane payments on a lease that I will never own.
    If that 18k truck lasts me 2 years I am doing well. If it lasts 3 I have plenty saved to buy another one. Maybe a little newer with cash.
    Heck, if it lasts 2 years and you only had to put 20% down, which is not much, you are still in the money.
    I would not do it at a company that only wants to pay me less than a dollar a mile though.

4. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    What's so good about it?

That's the gross figure, B4 fuel, taxes, and all other expenses ...

An owner operator (not the same as lease operator) can gross a quarter million in a good year.

5. Rollover the Original

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I had no fuel or truck expences as I was a company driver! That W-2 was for 25 1/2 weeks! It was shaping up to be a great year for me untill a "small" medical problem cropped up and I had to take a "little" time off. For an L/P or O/O that would be bottom of the barrel pay or a fair pay for someone not motovated but my point is L/P drivers are getting screwed!

6. MaximumTexas

MaximumTexas Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TEXAS
    So we can safely assume that the figures are the gross-net before federal income taxes? The company that did the surcharge added those costs into the freight and ate any miles that wasn't accurate? Or somethin like that? Help me out, I'm new.

7. Rollover the Original

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO

As it says in the first sentence, I was a COMPANY driver! I am to smart to fall for a fleece plan!(32 years experience & watching fleece drivers going broke!) That $43,723 was for 25 1/2 weeks of work. That is my W-2 we all get at the first of the year!

The only reason it was not higher was I had to come off the road and go through a fun summer of radiation and chemo treatments due to freaking cancer! I was on a dedicated NYC load every week. My 2007 W-2 was almost twice that. I miss my NYC run and I miss NYC! It's such a fun town.

Now I'm making a whole $1552 a month on disability, what I was used to making in a week! Now that hurts but it's still more than you see a lot of L/P drivers making! Now I'm filing bankrupcy! Cancer really, really sucks!

For those of you still thinking you will make it in a L/P do not go into your savings account untill you can't feed your family or can't make the house payment. When you make the first withdrawal from that savings account stop and think really hard. I thought I was supposed to make money in this plan, so why am I stealing from myself and my family? Was I lied to before I didn't read the agreement I signed or have a lawyer or OOIDA read for me? Am I still going to sit here and be stupid thinking I'll actually make money at $.90 CPM and some piddling FSC?

Once you figure out what the freight rates are you'll figure out that you're PAYING more for them to "help" you become a BillyBigRigger than you're making a mile BEFORE that truck payment! Freight is paying more than $1.90 a mile! It does not cost $1.00 a mile for tags, authority insurance and taxes! or the "things" this Bottom Feeder Inc is paying for you!

Good luck and stop the insanity and wake up from that nightmare you're stuck in!
    Rollover!

8. Rollover the Original

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Oh! This post has been up now for 3 months and viewed 812 times and STILL no L/P driver has the gonads to post a 1099 or a months worth of statements!

Yep, they're SO PROUD of signing that fleece agreement!
    They're falling all over themselves to prove at least me wrong!
    Not even Cornelious that rookie CRE cheerleader has come forth with his 1099 or a months worth of statements!

9. Rollover the Original

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Oh! This post has been up now for 3 months and viewed 812 times and STILL no L/P driver has the gonads to post a 1099 or a months worth of statements!

Yep, they're SO PROUD of signing that fleece agreement!
    They're falling all over themselves to prove at least me wrong! A worthless company driver and ex owner operator!
    Not even Cornelious that rookie CRE cheerleader has come forth with his 1099 or a months worth of statements!

10. oldedge

oldedge Light Load Member

Rollover hang on. Cancer can be beat. I had it in 2004 and 2005. Yep, had it twice. Chemo but no rad. I have now been pronounced cancer free by my oncolegist.Sounds like you're doing pretty well in the battle, and make no mistake it is a battle. Just a plug for colonoscopies. Guys if you are 50 ish get them DONE.

11. Rollover the Original

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    OH the cancer doesn't bother me!

Oct 31, 2009 after another PTI, For those of you never having to fight this fight a PTI is not a truck PTI It's a medical term having to do with an injected into your arm radioactive dye and an MRI, thus called a PTI! I am cancer free BUT as I now say "Cancer, the gift that keeps on giving even if you don't want those F*$%&@g gifts!" I even have a 29 chapter blog I update all about it here at blogspot if you want to read it! http://rolloverriderpgr.blogspot.com/ but I'm good when it comes to that fun summer and Cancer just ain't bad enough yet to take my ornery arse down! The devil ain't got the danglies to mess with me either!

"Yea tho I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil as I'm the meanest SOB there!"

Actually oldedge the advice about the colonscopies is good advice. Ain't nothing to worry about as you're given some legal drugs that is better than beer! No hangover and you never know you were "violated!" so don't tell if asked! BUT listen to your bodies drivers! Us men folk have this thing about doctors and don't go unless we're bleeding out of every pore in our bodies! That almost cost me my life! If it hadn't been for killer headaches, and a bit**y wife I'd be looking at grass from the wrong side now! Listen to your body!!

Now this thread and my posts show how well I was doing compared to an L/P driver! That W-2 was for my last "good" year driving! which would have surpassed 2007 if i didn't have to go play with all those fun things found only at a hospital!

I'm STILL waiting for someone to post as an L/P his 1099! Actually his statements as the 1099 only shows a gross and not the "after the truck" expenses! I guess embarrassment is over riding that pride of theirs!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.