My adventures at CRST Malone

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by playamwj12, Sep 17, 2015.

1. oldog1984

oldog1984 Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    yes you are right but its up to the company to let you run for them is what i meant to say. as of right now any age of truck is okay

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oldog1984

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    lease truck or my own is the same. for me .i pretty much get the loads i want .and i am doing fine for me. as a company driver. i dont know i was only a company driver for 1 month so i could not really say on that .for me i have to be a owner. i like having say when and where i go . i am the one that pays for it. to me it's not just the money it's having a say in it. . but it's not for everyone you know

4. oldog1984

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    i have heard good things about maverick . tmc i dont know anything about them.

5. oldog1984

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    and as for loads once agents get to know you and your truck number they will see where you are going and if they have something there they will most likely call you ahead of time to see if you want it. thats from my experience. hope that helps. anything else just ask.

6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I should have mentioned things could be different it's probably been about 8 years or so since I was there.And I don't want to be misunderstood I really have no bad feelings about Malone personally.They seemed to be ok if you have your own equipment.Imo it's not in your advantage to lease to companies that do LP tho.any company LP guys are paying the company for the truck so imo the company will look out for them first.

7. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    99' and older are legally exempted but companies may have other requirements. Any Series 60, 3406E, M11, and N14 is compatible with ELD. Several other engines from the very early 90's are also compatible. One Malone O/O got popped for logging violations on paper and was told ELD or contract canceled. His truck was a 97' Classic with a DDEC III Series 60. Another company I'm familiar with has ELD on a 95' Series 60 powered IH.

Malone does not make O/O's keep a Maint account. I personally have $0.08 held per mile simply because its easier to deal with tire purchases, service calls, etc and get the discount pricing. I call Maint, tell them where I'm headed and for what, they call ahead with the PO. No stressing anything.

Definitely not a company shill. I'm in a bit of a spat with Safety dept myself atm. The communication of CRST is Frakkin non-existant. Safety puts me on stop dispatch last week for something silly while I'm taking some time off and doesn't inform anyone. My first hint is when I try to get loaded on Tuesday. Essentially cost me a day of revenue since it delayed this delivery.

On the whole its a good company to deal with once you find your niche. There's a couple of agents I deal with regularly that are working their way onto my Xmas card list. One has a habit of finding me good loads no matter where I'm headed, coast to coast. Delivering this load in the morning in ND. He called me an hour after I was loaded with an offer 100 miles from my delivery, 1 piece, 11k lbs, no tarp. 1700 miles @ $1.95per to the truck, and going into a hot lane.

8. oldog1984

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    i see what you are saying and yes that may be so.i have not experienced it. for me it's okay but i do have a good relationship with a few agents. i think that helps.

9. oldog1984

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    i do 200 a week that's works for me and the tire discount here is great. the agents is the key here

10. JPalmer81

JPalmer81 Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Show Me State
    I live in the little rock area, how is freight in the mid south with ya'll? I have a good gig where I'm at for a company job. I'm home every weekend and I deposit about $900 average per week in my bank account. I just want to make more money. And I've always wanted to own my own equipment. My company does LP with no money down and no credit check, but is only shelling out 72% of an already marked down gross revenue. (That's what I suspect anyways)

11. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    Cant help ya on the southern freight. Its been almost a year since I've been anywhere in the south except for VA. We have a lot of freight there but I'm clueless what its paying since I avoid going south of I70 if I can help it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.