My Brief Time at Schneider Bulk

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MSWS, Mar 2, 2023.

1. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    Ive noticed the same thing, last couple years employers pulling some scummy moves. Can't even use the job boards (Monster, Indeed, etc) if you dont want to be hounded by a bunch of off shore recruiters. Show up to an interview at the arranged time (early actually) only for the entire facility to be closed. Get hung up on when asking a reasonable question. Now im apparently un-hireable because i didnt start flipping burgers 6 months ago.

MSWS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I know very little of their hourly pay. Why was it bad?

Lonesome and Munch75 Thank this.
  4. MSWS

MSWS Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2022
    I applied with UPS last year. It was for a seasonal, non-CDL delivery-position. I applied directly on their website and was immediately scheduled for a phone interview. I called in and it turned out to be a call-center, in India by the sound if it. They pulled up my application and told me the position was full. Okay...

I let it go and moved on. Maybe a week later, I get a voicemail from UPS, a woman who sounded American this time, asking me to call back about the position if I'm still intetested. I call back, wait on hold for over an hour, a guy answers from what sounds like an Indian call-center. He pulls up my application and the position is open. Yay!!!!!!!!!! He runs my background and tells me to call back in a day or two to schedule the driving test. Double Yay!!!!!!!!!

I call back, wait on hold over an hour, a guy answers from what sounds like an Indian call-center. He pulled up my application, position is still open, background came back good. We start to schedule the driving test. Uhhh ohhhh. Call drops. I wait a few minutes thinking he'll call me back, but nothing. So I call back, wait on hold over an hour, again, get a different person on the phone. They pull up my application, Guess what????????

THE POSITION IS FULL

5. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    I can only go from reports I have gotten from drivers that are still there that I talk to . The hourly portion- for the account that I was on- is only for ON DUTY time. Originally it was a flat rate, we unloaded our trailers ourselves at the customer. All palletized and using electric pallet jacks. The rate was pretty decent once you became effecient. They still give the marginally bad cpm while driving. Eliminated most of the accessorial pay, because now you're hourly and they use that to justify getting rid of it. The hourly rate it seems they averaged out the times. Ofcourse that is average of fastest and slowest. No surprise that they round down.

Most drivers I hear asking for hourly want it to replace CPM all together. And some try to push that into sleeper time as well.
    The problem I have been hearing is both the customer and drivers suffer due to drivers moving slower to get the hourly time up which on the back end makes the amount of deliveries less because now that 14 got chewed up. The CPM doesn't make up for the lost hourly wages if you speed up. Causes a test and see fiasco dependent on the driver on how to maximize.

Again. That's just from the summaries I've gotten. I left Schneider back in November '22, before a lot of accounts got switched over. I have no clue how it effects full OTR. From the sound of it a bigger nightmare as I do know when you are in a live load/unload situation you are Off Duty still losing time on your 14. Which means no hourly pay and no accessorial (remember they got rid of it in the name of hourly). So in effect it feels like you are donating time to the company. Original idea for drivers asking for hourly as I caught on was for full hourly time. On duty, off duty etc. If you're in the truck you are on the clock. Unless in a day cab no company is going to go that route.

LtlAnonymous, Lonesome and MSWS Thank this.
  6. MSWS

MSWS Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2022
    Schneider's policies against split-sleepers and personal conveyance are indefensible if they don't compensate drivers, in one way or another, for their full 14-hour clocks. I've seen people on this forum act incredulous at the suggestion that drivers should get paid for the entire time they're at a live load/unload. While I don't agree with them, I can still see their point if a driver can stop their 14 and 70 hour clocks.

Schneider takes that ability away on the 14 by prohibiting the split-sleeper. And they fundamentally change the way a driver can use their 14 by prohibiting personal conveyance. They let customers steal time from drivers, and then they deny drivers a legal tool to find safe harbor when the customer doesn't leave them with enough time.

In this case, yeah... They need to pay for the full 14 every day.

But I digress

7. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yeah, hybrid hourly is okay, but full hourly is what I'd advocate for. Enough of this farm exemption on overtime, too. Nonsense.

Munch75 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Schneider sucks go to landstar

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  9. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    This is insanity.

MSWS Thanks this.
  10. jim666777

jim666777 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2022
    The oil fields will take anybody with tanker experience and a lot without it and that is solved by putting down you drove a bobtail water truck for your uncles on the weekend for a year. And just give them a buddy's phone number They probably won't even check. Just heads up they are screaming for flow back drivers in midlands with housing Thats if you're single. You will be paid by the hour and they will train you. it's easy training and you're just dealing with water at first. Avoid Megas at any cost. Heads up Indeed web site just type in tanker midlands. There are over 50 company's looking Just For tanker drivers, Good luck

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  11. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Assuming those weren't going to end up as lies, what did you figure you would be making there on an average week with the miles plus the hourly pay?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.