My Brief Time at Schneider Bulk

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MSWS, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Ok, so for simplicity sake, were you paid the $12 an hour for the days "in training", for all hours except the time that was deducted for whatever poor lunch they offered? If not, I would file a wage claim with the state of Texas. Schneider is known for being rather stupid when it comes to pay. Not sure if it still in there, but they used to charge folks 2 cents per mile for their per diem "option". They were charging everybody who chose to be paid whatever bs per diem 2 cents per mile for "processing".

If they are requiring you to be anywhere, doing anything at all that strips you of your liberty to do what YOU want to, when you want to, they can call it what they want, but it is paid time. With the exception of the lunch break, unless you were interrupted. if lunch was interrupted they owe you for that time, too.

I would file the wage claim and collect whatever I would be getting just to spite them. It likely won't be a big amount of money. But its a matter of principal.

EDIT** the wage claim costs you nothing through TWC except the time to fill out the form. It truly is free to you. No attorney required.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MSWS

MSWS Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2022
    I quit before they started the new pay-structure, so it didn't end up affecting me. They announced on Day 1 that it would change on Day 7. I quit on Day 3. They did send me a check for the time I was there, as well as for my fuel costs to orientation.

4. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    Ahh yeah I guess I saw the $12 an hour bit and don't pay this or that and lost my s***. Good thing they paid you what they were supposed to. You're right, 38 cpm is garbage. No wonder all their equipment looks beat the hell up.

Maverick Griff, LtlAnonymous and MSWS Thank this.
  5. Navajo Express JQ

Navajo Express JQ Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Reminds me of stevens tanker division. I cannot phantom people who stick around after they are presented with bad documents to sign.Which they do it in the end to be sneaky and you hesitate to leave. Always be prepared to get up and leave.It will be more of a headache in the future if they tie your money deeper that you walking out. -Word to the wise-

6. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Did you go to school in the United States?

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    In the big picture, does that matter?

8. iceman007

iceman007 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2023
    na
    Very Well Explained they are no different than all the rest Mega Companies out there

MSWS Thanks this.
  9. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    I would outburst a big F-you to them, and walked out. No "no" needed. If they couldn't figure out what the F-you meant that is their problem. Go rent a truck thats manual from one of those CDL schools or rental places and go take your test that way. That's what I would do, if it was me.

MSWS Thanks this.
  10. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    What LTL company actually requires LTL experience? I did LTL p&d for not even 3 months. I hated that s*** with a passion. Started at $25.50 per hour. There are some companies as long as you have the driving experience will let you go out with a landoll, load a S125 boom lift and be on your way.

MSWS Thanks this.
  11. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    That is true

MSWS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.