My customer.......

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by chalupa, Aug 24, 2012.

1. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    A touch of irony with an oxymoron....... Had a food grade load today, Kosher..... a relay. Disch valve wasn't sealed and I didn't have C of A. Customer had a fit, calls had to be made, people woke up etc...... a big deal !!

Finally get to rack and op is ready to hook up, he asks to use my 3" double female !! No sheet !! ( I told him no way ) ( I transferred DOT 3 with this fitting last week )

I just love tanker work........ you have to with sheet like this.........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Yeah I have loaded out of rail cars a few times. Trailer had to be food grade washed with seal numbers matching the clean out slip. Then the loader uses a stick laying on the ground in the dirt under a rail car to measure how much product he loads.

chalupa Thanks this.
  4. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Rob, isnt carry transit you guy's foodgrade division?

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Yes. You still have some chemical loads that require Kosher washouts once in a while. Quite often a customer will require all the openings be sealed with the numbers on the clean out slip before loading. I actually had that requirement on a resin load yesterday. I don't like it because you can't check as much on the trailer and are trusting that the tank wash replaced clean out cap gaskets and such.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.