My Experiance with Watkins Shepard!

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by American-Trucker, Sep 25, 2010.

1. BigRedBigRig

BigRedBigRig Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Enjoying reading about your WS adventures. It will take me forever to get through this thread alone!

Still in CDL training and WS is definitely a place I'm considering when I graduate.

American-Trucker and 2021DREAM Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vetted

Vetted Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Missoula, MT
    I'm considering going to dry-van from reefers because the reefers deliver at all hours of the day & night. Are dry-van hours any better and if so what can be expected with watkins shepard?
    Thanks,
    Vetted

4. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

yes, most places receive from 8am-4pm. You can expect lots of awesome 10-16hr breaks. I loved it thats how i had so much time to do this blog and make all those videos. I rarely picked up/delivered before or after those hours.

American Trucker

BigRedBigRig Thanks this.
  5. Vetted

Vetted Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Missoula, MT
    Thanks AT. I also heard they do about 75% drop & hook, so I think I'll give them call.
    Vetted

6. mosesmiller

mosesmiller Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Crozet, VA
    Hey AT do you plan to get back into OTR trucking ever?

7. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    im not sure yet, it looks very appealing right now though lol

American Trucker

8. mosesmiller

mosesmiller Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Crozet, VA

9. BigRedBigRig

BigRedBigRig Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    South Bend, IN

You know those Lipton soup packets? They come in a couple of different flavors. Each box contains two packets and costs about $1.50 or so. Beefy Onion or Onion work great for potroast. Just sprinkle half a packet under and the other half on top of your meat, add about a cup of water and let that cook on low for about five hours. Then add whatever veggies you want (potatoes, onions, carrots and whatnot) and then sprinkle the other packet on top of the veggies and then let it cook until the veggies are done (if you put the veggies in when you start the meat, they cook into total mush).

No other seasoning required. Those packets are handy (and readily available in any grocery store). The other flavors (like the Garlic & Herb) are excellent cooked in a crockpot with just some potatoes and onions. I lived off of that in college.

So all you need is the meat, some veggies and a box of Lipton soup packets and you're good to go!

(I realize I'm responding to an old post, but it's taking me forever to read through this whole thread and I'm only up to January 2011!)

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  10. GetZapt

GetZapt Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Tioga ND
    Hey brother not being a smart ##### but did you really have allot of 10-16 hr breaks? and if so how did ya make money? I know they are paper logs, but didn't that effect your mileage? 75% drop and hook had you dropping at off time correct? ...Thx I have been looking at them because of paper logs.

11. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Where did you get 75% drop/hook? It's more like 75% furniture store offload! That's how AT and the rest of us made our money with the amount of stops we had. The more driving you do, the less money you make.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.