MY EXPERIENCE AS A Mercer FLATBED DRIVER

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by skateboardman, Jul 3, 2012.

1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I picked up a load in dallas, I tarped it. It is very light, 9000 pounds. It pays so much I need a bigger wallet. Everything went very easy, no complaints here. I will now drive and deliver it, but i have to get my apu serviced first.

DEMO Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Speedemon1084

Speedemon1084 Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Collins, MS
    Decided it was your turn to share your experiences?

4. bighaulc-15

bighaulc-15 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2012
    new albany IN
    i unload and adjust mercer loads all the time in louisville ky two blocks from the teminal!!!

skateboardman Thanks this.
  5. DEMO

DEMO Money Bags

Mar 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL

I'm looking forward to it. I always like his posts, informative and minus all the B.S. Plus, I'm a big fan of Mercer, if I wasn't heavy haul I would probably be there.

skateboardman Thanks this.
  6. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.

C'mon, tell us more. Where you headed with that milk run,money load ?

7. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    i thought i would give a different perspective of a my experience thread. on with the show.

got apu repaired , very nice folks at cantwell power solutions in ft.worth off exit 42 i-35 .

i am delivering in tampa ,fl elevator parts friday morning. i drove to shreveport, filled up , parked, tuned in the tv, got a shower , ate a ny strip steak, and kicked back til in the morning. got 877 miles left on the trip. it was a nice day, not really hot, and the traffic was not so bad leaving ft.worth at 5 pm.

8. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    yep, couldnt resist, decided it was time for a thread where it was an experienced guy telling the story.

Fratsit, fld, bergy and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Speedemon1084

Speedemon1084 Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Collins, MS
    I have read several of your posts, very informative stuff, I look forward to reading.

mank14 Thanks this.
  10. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Keep it up. You're right it's very refreshing to see a thread about a real driver. Not another "so I just started class at Swift."

11. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I have always wanted to flat-bed. With my job now I wont be pulling them. Plus my dads friend offered me an even better job than I have now, from what Ive heard its stupid hard to get into, but hes got a lot of connections to get me in so will see what happens

Also its good to hear the experience from someone who has been doing it a long time like yourself. Looking foward to seeing how everything goes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.