My experience at Central Transport

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Oi!, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Well you lasted a few days. You outlasted many souls in Central's history. I still remember the guy that did a few hours of training and when he came back to the yard got in his car and left LMAO. Never even got to say hi to the guy.

dog-c Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kissmydac

kissmydac Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2013
    daphne,al
    i was working for vitran when central bought them out and they said they was going to give the vitran drivers a raise from 16 to 17 and hour,but i quit before the merger because i had made the mistake of going to work with central before and i lasted almost 2 months doing line haul before i quit central so i knew what was coming,i got out while the getting was good and i went back to what i love flatbed over the road and i know i am making good money again with alot less bs and stress home every weekend with a pocket full of loot. View attachment 59232

4. Mr.V

Mr.V Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    HATBORO,PA
    How's the Trenton,NJ Terminal?

5. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
  6. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Central Transport what a joke of a company. I worked at Vitran and quit when they froze all the top pay, Took away 1 week vacation. 3 PTO days. vacation pay cut by 5 hours. Cut all overtime pay. It would take 6 years of .50 cent pay raises to even out what I was making at Vitran.

Now I find out they have fired or laid off almost all the other vitran guys I worked with.

That is the worst company any person can work for.

7. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Am I correct in saying that the daughter of jerry moyes (swift) owns a small percentage of central?

8. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    I saw it coming, you really thought Matty Maroun was gonna keep those payscales? Overtime after 45? That old bag would crap his diaper before he pays overtime after 45 LOL

What barn were you out of? Were you in Ohio? I wonder what happened to Toledo and Cleveland, those actually were ok to work at, good managers.

9. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    You're thinking of Central Refrigerated outta Utah.

I NEVER hear anything good about Central. I know they are always hiring in St. Louis, they were even offering sign on bonuses for line haul. I don't see any other LTL outfits doing that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.