My experience at holland enterprises

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davebox, Mar 21, 2018.

1. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    That is nice to know. I'm sure I will like it much better over at Holland. They have me on the schedule for July 17th

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    Bendix sucks , your problem sounds like the adaptive cruise control, I can make your day less annoying if u care to do it

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I think they all have adaptive cruise control [if they have forward collision avoidance system]. It's a "safety feature", I get that, but occasionally it can be a pain, especially when it slows gradually where you don't notice it until you look at your speedo. At least Freightliner provides an option for the driver to modify the following distance parameter somewhat (if the fleet admin allows it) to a less troublesome distance.

5. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    I'm listening

6. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Yeah they probably do but I've driven trucks where id you put your foot on the accelerator it overrides it and you can get by and pass. This new system will not allow an override by pushing on the fuel.

7. CrossettDriver

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    Must be the way your company has it set up , we have the bendix fusion whatever the f they call it , if we stay on the throttle it won’t slow you down.
    Small piece of black tape on the windshield cuts off the lane departure, unscrew the cover on the bumper and put something in their , we have guys using half full 20oz pop bottles one guy uses a bag of hand soap.

8. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Will it send some kind of error message?

9. CrossettDriver

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    When you start the truck and it does it’s self text it will say the sensor is blocked is all

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, I'm home for 5 days or so. Barely closed out the quarter over 36,000 mile which keeps me in my comfort zone.

Anybody transition over to the "dispatch integrated" Transflo App? I like it. Can view all the information that's in your truck, on your phone. The notifications usually hit the phone a few minutes before it hits the truck. The app seems to still have some deficiencies. I can't figure out how to make completed loads go away inside the app.

But I was wondering about the Cat Scale module that's inside the Transflo App. I'm hesitant to use it from inside Transflo UNLESS it pulls the Trailer Number and Load number and inputs it into the Cat Scale info screen. Otherwise I can see no need to use it from inside the Transflo App. Am I missing something? Why not just use the Cat Scale App like we always have?

11. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    The update that got pushed to the tablet is annoying . It's slow and laggy now, the HOS interface is cluttered , and you have to come to a complete stop for 2 seconds before changing status .

My prediction : A future update will put you on the drive line for any movement at all

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.