My experience at holland enterprises

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davebox, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I emailed about erasing messages in the Transflo App.

My guess is it's the same for Loads.

STexan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Dude me too! I love that system in the freightliners! I drive a Volvo now and it doesn't have it. I miss seeing at what speed people would pass me at lol... Gave me something to look forward to as I sat on by at 65... Lol.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Anybody found the best, cleanest, and quickest way to defrost the fridges in the new trucks? I haven't had to defrost mine since I got this '18 about 10 months ago, but the freezer is now got about a half inch of frost all along the sides. Almost won't hold my frozen fruit pops ... which I need to finish first

I let the fridge run during my home time last week and that's when most of it built up, I guess.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    What happened to the op davebox here..he gone? Looking at going to Holland possibly, eventually . Things still going good over there?

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Yeah. About the same with Holland. I'm currently coming out of a recent "slow spell". Usually expect 2 or 3 of these a year where I may go 5-10 days hardly ever reaching my 70. But I caught my 70 today running Stockton to Booneville MS in 3 basically days days and the foreseeable 4 days I'll be bumping my 70 daily getting back to CA. But the timing of a Wednesday unload in CA may lead to a less than ideal load scenario but not necessarily.

My pay for today's 2 week paycheck was 5,800 miles which I call slow, and would have been worse except for a decent load on the tail end to just make cutoff.

azheavyduty Thanks this.
  7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Sounds Good! So you get a bonus if you reach 36000 miles a quarter for how much? They are starting 2 year drivers at 39cpm? Do they offer any other accessoria/bonuses pay, sounds like good long runs..thanks for the update!

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Once you show you’re “a runner” and don’t have a problem running four 600+ miles day back to back, you can expect to usually be ran close to your 70 80% if the time.

There is 3 cpm paid quarterly and 2 cpm paid annually (1 cpm first anniversary and 2 after first anniversary)

Any accessorial pay you may receive like layover is not much (and rarely an issue) but they are generally very good at how they dispatch loads to maximize your hours and their profits, just prove how you like to run and let them work and go where they send you.

After a while you can occasionally request to head in a certain direction if a given market regularly has loads going that way anyway.

If you get in a rut where you’re accumulating too many hours for 7+ days and you’ve been taking their assigned loads, email them or talk to the dispatcher for the area you’re headed to and let them know you’re unhappy with your production numbers and they’ll work hard to get you “back in the groove”. It happens sometimes. Just one unexpected swap can change the trajectory for the next week and beyond but like I said, they generally will work you as hard as you want to work.

Don’t come here if you don’t like running more than 2,700 miles/wk high average because that just doesn’t fit with their dispatch model. They are really good at assigning loads to work with each drivers projected HOS and home time needs that may be drawling near.

CorsairFanboy and smokey12 Thank this.
  9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    They are weak in a handful of areas like the mid south, Florida, and Colorado and central plains. They rarely take loads going into these areas but if they do, there’s a good chance you’ll do a broker load out like I’m doing after dropping in northern Mississippi. Lori worked hard getting me a decent dispatch following a Friday morning unload 100 miles southeast of Memphis, and nearly out of hours but she seems to have came through with a Saturday morning pickup 200 miles away.

They also don’t do fresh meats and they do very little produce. Been here nearly 3 years and I’m picking up my first load of fresh meat (broker)

CorsairFanboy and smokey12 Thank this.
  10. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I've picked up a few Tyson live loads of Fresh Meat/Ham.
    They are CPUs for one of our main customers.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Yeah and I forgot about having a few trailers spotted out at Tyson in Wallula. Only pulled out of there once. But last place I worked it was fresh meat out virtually every trip. I don’t miss that. Just like I’m sitting here at this chicken plant on this broker load with a 04:00-14:00 window. Arrived at 04:00. 4 hours later, not even called to door.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.