My experience at holland enterprises

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Davebox, Mar 21, 2018.

1. JZ80

JZ80 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Western MA.
    And the other place was starting up with the two way cameras. I appreciate how Holland trusts the driver and do not have to be overly invasive.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Reason for edit: Mis spell
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I had a broker load for that company.
    They were a pain in my butt calling me for check call at midnight after I had already called in during the day.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  4. JZ80

JZ80 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Western MA.
    That company can be quite manic.

5. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    It seems like the black bumper trucks are manuals ; ordered for drivers that hate Autos but love Holland .

jeff18 and JZ80 Thank this.
  6. JZ80

JZ80 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Western MA.
    Cool, wonder how the mpgs will turn out.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    In route Southern Utah to Connecticut for Wednesday morning. Hours are tight. Should get to appointment with roughly 2 hours on my 70 if all continues to go well but on my way to a another good payday with 4,500 miles (no carry over) 9 days into the 14 day pay period. Had to do an oil change on the road. Been since mid June when I was through the yard. Hope to get a PacNW load soon. Been 6+ weeks since I was last in OR/WA

With a mild to moderate cross winds most of the way, I did 8.05 mpg between Springville, UT and Atalissa, IA (via Provo Canyon) grossing 79k, and the eCoast, +10, strong engine, and some PasSmart, my speed average (above 64 mph) is making this cross-country appointment possible with the limited hours. Not sure I could make this same trip [appointment] in the same available hours in my older '15 stick.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    JZ80 and dwells40 Thank this.
  8. JZ80

JZ80 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Western MA.
    I'm guessing you'll be getting a load out of Marlborough, MA to upper midwest somewhere after CT. delivery.

9. ruudhompsor

ruudhompsor Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I've only driven for mega carriers (two over a period of 15 months). I'm currently looking to move to a smaller company. Holland interests me very much. When driving for smaller companies, such as Holland, do drivers ever get stuck doing city work or spend half their day searching for an empty trailer. These are some of the more annoying aspects of driving for the two megas ive been employed with. Am I correct to assume it's not the same at a smaller outfit?

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    No. We’ll never do any of that crap. You’ll do load swaps from time to time to get you or another driver home or to make an appointment where the original driver doesn’t have the hours. But otherwise they don’t do load swaps for the hell of it or to take care of a “preferred driver”. No politics games here.

jeff18 and ruudhompsor Thank this.
  11. ruudhompsor

ruudhompsor Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I get stuck with lots of city work at the mega I currently drive for. Mainly because Im one of the few who never complains about it to my DM. But it's getting old.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.