My experience with A&R Transport BEGINS...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cutty1107, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Cutty1107

Cutty1107 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    tomorrow with 2 week training, locally.. then back on the road in a truck.. ill do my best to keep this thread updated as i go along. Im new to bulk tank and ready and excited to try my hand at something other then opening a door and bumping a dock. I hope it all works out for me! I think it will especially with all my research Ive done and drivers Ive talked to. Nothing to it but to do it now! Wish me luck, lol :biggrin_25521:

trucker43 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    This seems oddly familiar.....:biggrin_2554:

(j/k....you know I HAD to do it....)

4. Cutty1107

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Its all good 48! I was trying to delete it but couldnt seem to find any way to do it except edit the original... so here ya go! lol

48Packard Thanks this.
  5. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I am absolutely the least-technically-minded person you'll ever run across. If I can't fix or correct it with a hammer, I can't fix it!

whoopNride and Cutty1107 Thank this.
  6. Cutty1107

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    lol.. ill tell you what, I was looking at all these options and went over it again and no delete, nothing! Im surpried theres no delete option. only edit, maybe a moderator has to delete it for you...

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck, A & R runs decent looking equipment, let us know how it goes!

trucker43 and Cutty1107 Thank this.
  8. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Been with them almost a year now. You will have good days and bad like any company but just hang in there and put in at least 6 months before you decide to quit. Bulk is a whole different animal which takes some a little longer to master than others. But the money is here to be made if you want to work. Good Luck!

9. Cutty1107

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thx lonesome & northbamatrucker... Bama I sure will, I agree you have to give it some time. Thats what im here for and im gonna make it happen! hows your truck that they assigned you? and what kind of routes are you running?

10. Cutty1107

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well today was a good 1st day... Went in and finished some paperwork then met my trainer and on our way. He is very kool guy and we chatted and had alot in common actually. filled me in alot about the company and what to expect, etc... Just worked on unloading today cause thats all we really had to do. Tomorrow will be loading and unloading the trailer. It doesnt seem that bad and I will get it down and learn the routine, I liked it actually. It was different and look forward to learning more and getting out here on my own and making some serious cash.... :)

11. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry for the late reply but have been really busy. I started out with a 379 Pete but am now in a Freightliner and I love the room in this truck. The routes are just whatever I am assigned. I am a system driver out of Alabama and I usually stay out two weeks at a time. I might stay out three weeks but two works best for me. Let us know how it's going when you can. Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.