My experience with CDL Trucking School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Adelmo, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    No. There's something else at play.
    Don't volunteer any information about yourself that isn't specifically ask for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Adelmo

Adelmo Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2019
    I hear ya Chinatown, thanks. Well then I'm drawing a blank over here as to how is it that 3 Trucking companies that are known to hire new CDLs turn me down on a dime. I looked into May Trucking and when I saw that before I begin I would need some things and 3 years of driving experience being one of them is where I put the pieces together. I dunno, I'm in shock and confused over here

4. Adelmo

Adelmo Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2019
    ...So enough crying. Here is plan B:
    Wait. Wait for another year (while employed at this dump of a gig) and begin again. Maybe RoadMasters maybe not, but by then I would be able to say I have 2 years driving experience.

OR

Explore the possibilities at another school (Tampa driving School) and see if I have a better chance in getting an employment pre-hire with their connections.

OR

Drive further away to another school

OR
    Follow a recommendation given to me here through you guys......

5. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Previous driving history matters very little to the companies that Trashmaster pushes. Werner is going to be the hardest to get into (even though they are blah to begin with). If the admissions dept. feels like you are able to get a prehire with one of those companies they will continue to call you. Remember they are sales people. If you start and finish training that person that signed you up makes bonus money.

I worked there for 7 years doing just that, made good money talking people into driving. If I had a potential student that was ready to start on Monday I could get them a prehire within an hour. Remember There are always other places to train as well, as the price + interest are crazy to begin. Good luck!

6. Adelmo

Adelmo Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Thanks Hazmat
    So if I'm understanding you, the closer the start date the better the chances of getting a pre-hire from an employer?

7. Adelmo

Adelmo Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2019
    So my question is: in applying what's my response for the 3 years/5 years accident free history? I'm on CRST's website now....

8. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    No I mean they have the ability to get you a prehire very quickly if they need one for you so you can start.

For example, you are in my office, telling me all about yourself, I’m filling out the app for say May. Submit it, just like you would at home. Then right after submitting the app online, we call May on speaker phone and ask for whoever is available in recruiting at the moment. Then she emails the prehire to me, I print it, now you have a prehire in 20 minutes. This is how it went 90% of the time.

the faster i get you all wrapped up, the less likely you are to go down the street to another school.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Adelmo

Adelmo Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Well ####! Had that happen for me we wouldn't be having this conversation. I am glad you shared that though because I signed all kinds of paperwork, went home and got a call within 2 hours telling me "they ain't hiring take down these numbers and give them a call". I thought to myself; so I pretty much have to fend for myself? which is not how it was presented to me...

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Always apply, even if you don't think you'll be accepted.
    Applying only takes a couple minutes for each company, on your home computer.
    Takes maybe a minute and a half to fill out and submit the short app. on each website.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.