My experience with Knight Refrigerated

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Smaggs, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeahuh... go Knight. I have friends that worked for Werner. They highly advised me against them... you can call Chris Brown over here... call this number and pick option 2...

888-529-7283

Chris is really nice. She'll answer any questions and if you have to come by you can go 51st ave south to Mohave(one block south of Buckeye.. traffic light) go right and to the end of the street just before the guard shack. Building is on the left and you'll see all the cars parked on the left just before the building.

I'm going to try to bobtail over there today. I'm driving U2254. marked on the fender.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4-Clover

4-Clover Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Smaggs!!!

She is my POC as well and she is really cool. Your page has helped a lot and can not wait to get out there as well mang. What is your CB handle and I will keep it and hit you up some time if you want.

Thanks again you have been a huge help!!!!!!

4-Clover

4. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Smaggs is my handle... If you talk to chris. Tell her you knowe on here. I'm Gerard in 2254

5. diabello

diabello Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Congrads Smaggs!! Been reading your posts and seems you got a good truck for your first solo job.

So where you heading for your 1st run?

6. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Already did Vegas .. Going to these next.. Mccarran, nv ... Chico, ca ...moncrieff, co

Starting from Phoenix tomorrow

7. kenworthw900

kenworthw900 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    Hey smaggs how does that gps work? im thinking of ordering a refurbed one like you did just wondering how it does?

8. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Its great. Just remember that you still have to be smarter than it.. It's not correct every time. I always trip plan with an atlas. My gps is just there to help me. I preplan on a notebook and combine my atlas notes with gps reading. I also refine my searches with my iPhone.

Spend smart. Eat smart. Plan trips smart. When in doubt, ask around. Youd be surprised how many helpful drivers there are. Plus I bet they like looking smart around the rookies.

9. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I also call consignees for directions. The qualcomm suggestions from Knight are usually okay, but between an atlas and the actual locations of stops, I can almost always find a legal truck route that shaves time and miles off.

Also... every now and then I will get a route suggestion where a few miles of the road is totally restricted to trucks. I think it's the 25 in Texas that does that... or maybe it's New Mexico. Forgive me... I'm still a rookie and all those road numbers just blend together sometimes!

Here's the link to where I bought my GPS!....

http://store.randmcnally.com/trucking/gps-navigation/intelliroute-tnd-500-refurbished-1.html

I did a search for Rand McNally GPS... got on their site and looked for refurbished units. I like to spend smart. I wait for a good deal, and so far, this GPS has saved me a great deal of stress. Paid for in the first week, IMO!

Good luck!!!

10. kenworthw900

kenworthw900 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    Thanks smaggs keep the wheels turning and have fun out there or atleast try too im hoping to team with my friend in the next few months so this would be a great asset.

11. 4-Clover

4-Clover Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey Smaggs,

Hope all is going well, and I can not wait to get out there with you. So are you doing the 11 westren runs? Also how are they about, or what is there rules idling?

Talk to you again soon!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.