My Experience with Lone Star Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by American-Trucker, Dec 1, 2011.

1. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY

I was wondering the same thing?

Looks nice so far AT- lots of work sucks but when you are all done and can step back and see the difference you made it will be great!!

Did you and your Dad ever talk about teaming?

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hj54

Hj54 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2012
    stryker, oh
    Well AT, I guess 500 miles is how long alternators last in these kw's!

4. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

He got his own Authority, he's just going to run a local Flatbed for himself. Then when/if i go local i could lease a truck onto him and save myself a ton of money.

American Trucker

Wedge Thanks this.
  5. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

see i told ya they should stayed with ONLY buying pete's. :biggrin_2558:

American Trucker

6. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Yeaaah I'm not going to be reminding my dispatcher that they want me to switch trucks

7. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    well today was a waste: whet to release the brakes to take it to the shop....took 5 min to release. Got to the shop, could smell the brakes burning the one that was smokeing when my dad brought it home from this shop a week ago, AND i went to see if the rim was hot and i could feel it from about a foot away.

The brakes were locked tight once we set the brakes at the shop.....machanics couldnt get them to release, nothing. took 6 guys 4 hours just to get the drum off. The shop owner was puzzled, the replaces every part and piece on the fron brakes a week ago, my dad drove it 10 miles home, and it was smokeing a little and he called the shop and they figured it had grease on it, but to bring it back when he had the chance which was today. So 20 miles and the breaks are so messed up on the drivers front brake they cant get it apart. lol So after being there ALL DAY we ended up takeing a cab home lol.

Oh well, going to a concert tonight some little local country/classic rock band

American Trucker

Wedge, alex94 and AZS Thank this.
  8. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Get a beater truck and put a hitch on the back of the tractor. Or, instead of riding together in the truck needing the work, one of you follow the other in a personal vehicle.

Even if the truck is going in for something simple that shouldn't take very long, if I'm not pulling a trailer to the shop, I drag my little beater truck. At the very least, I can use it to run some errands or grab a bite to eat while the truck is being worked on instead of being stuck at the shop all day.:biggrin_25525:

Attached Files:

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    they said to "bring it right on in, we'll have you out within an hour" other wise i would have followed him up there lol

American Trucker

10. Hj54

Hj54 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2012
    stryker, oh
    Welp...I got to the kw dealership at 11:30 yesterday 1 and they finally got it done at 10:15!

11. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

thats retarded. shouldnt take that long to put a alternator in

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.