My Experience with Lone Star Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by American-Trucker, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Trilleth

Trilleth Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Southern California
    Hey, AT, had to come over and check you out being a "real" trucker. ;) Got a kick out of reading about your testing... I can do the tarp lift (I've had to, although I do brains more than brawn and usually "walk" it up the steps), but I do have problems getting those winches tight. Maybe I won't see if they'll take li'l ole me.

Anyway, glad to see you settling down with the new company and I'll try to keep up with you. Good luck!

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    #### - snowing in Texas and 60's in Boston!

4. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Sounds great so far AT! Thank goodness you could lift almost your body weight in tarps! It sounds like orientation is, for once, set up to keep the prospective employee happy! What a concept! Too bad more companies don't take that approach.

5. Dclay

Dclay Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roanoke Rapids, NC
    Have enjoyed your post on this career, starting school in Febuary!!!

6. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    congrats on your new journey and good luck at the new company(sweet deal) i myself dont think ill ever get into heavy haul but who knows keep us posted i look forward to reading about your experience in flatbed

7. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Started the day off with more paper work, went over the homework. Watched some movies. Then over to get the DOT Physical done, 6 guys went in.....1 went home (he had 2 hernias).

Then more class stuff, then off to lunch, mexican place today, real good. Then more class stuff, load securment, etc.

Then out for free dinner again.

Allot more class stuff tomorrow....not sure if/when there will be a road test :biggrin_25511:.

3 Of us have to leave at 5am on thursday to drive to OKC, OK to get our TWIC cards

American Trucker

8. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    You heading to the Port of Okla City? LOL It was in a used truck dealership few yrs ago when I went up there. Sure beat heck out of going to Houston. There is great hamburger joint up there on NW Hwy. Little Mikes.

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

i have no clue where we are going (im not driving, i makeing someone else drive lol). I know we are leaving Gainesville, TX at 0500 and are suposed to be back by 1100...so not sure how much time we'll have up there.

American Trucker

The Challenger and 1catfish Thank this.
  10. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    there's a place called texas burger along i-45 in different towns they seemed pretty good.:biggrin_2558:

11. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    im not sure if i posted this yesterday (im too lazy to look lol) but they pay $15/hr for detention time (after the first 2 hours)

American Trucker

1catfish and alex94 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.