My Experience with Lone Star Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by American-Trucker, Dec 1, 2011.

1. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    good to sort of see you AT lol. I do have a load going to NC but not sanford. Couple tractors.

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Lol you saw me when you pulled in you just didnt know it was me at the time, i was in the polished bobtail you stopped in front of.

American Trucker

AZS Thanks this.
  4. AZS

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Nope figured you would have been gone. Truck was looking good though, noticed.

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  5. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    I wasnt sure it was you till i walked past your truck to stop the mexican driver that was brining my load in from mexico, i didnt have time for him to get caught
    up the the mess in there lol.

I liked the parking job....swifty hehehe the driver that had to squeez his huge dump bed by your truck want to happy though lol. Was this your first time at that terminal? Confuseing aint it? And gotta love the security guard that dosent speak or understand a word of english lol

American Trucker

6. AZS

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Yeah first time there and the parking job comes from experience! Better to inconvenience someone then get into something you cant get out of. That whole area behind you was a cluster and the left looked narrow so I said heck with it. Suppose I could have moved over to the right a bit though. :biggrin_25522:

As for the non english wait till you have to go deal with these brokers. Youre relying on them for information and they cant give it. Luckily the hand sign for write. As in sign my papers is pretty universal. lol.

7. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    hey A.T. do you carry coil racks on your truck or do they leave them off?

8. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

LST dosnt do Coils, its very rare to see a coil on a LST truck, in orientation, the part about secureing coils was this is a coil, NEXT :biggrin_2559: which is fine with me, i agree with there reasoning for not hauling them. So to answer your question no we dont, in fact im not even sure i know what a coil rack looks like

American Trucker

1catfish Thanks this.
  9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

when the office gave me my paper work they said to let the gaurd know i was waiting on that trailer to come in from mexico, so i walked over and spent literally 5 min talking to the guy and he couldnt understand what i wanted.

I finally gave up and just parked right in front of the gate lol

American Trucker

AZS Thanks this.
  10. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    Monday:

Drove to Laredo, sat there from 730am to 4pm waiting for a load to come over from mexico. Got it and drove to the last min of my 14, back to San Antonio to the TA. Fueled/Parked for 10

Tuesday:

Drove 687 miles to the pilot on 65 in AL (cant remember the city name) took every min of my 11 to make that happen. Fueled/Parked for 10

Wensday:

I started again right after my 10 at 230am, drove all the way to Thomasville, NC. Stopped in Kannapolis to fuel and shower but of course at 1pm(est) the place was packed, a cluster, and had a mile long line for a shower, so i just fueled got food and stuff and went 45 min further to the rest area. I wanted to go to the end of my 11 (which i only had 45min left on) but there is NOTHING between here and where im going for parking :biggrin_2553:. I'm 1.5 hours from the receiver...

Oh well Hopeing for a good finish to the week, and to get my reset at another TA or Petro this weekend as i need a Oil Change, so might as well do it while sitting rather then waste HOURS of my 14 during the week waiting for a 15 min oil change lol

American Trucker

The Challenger and Wedge Thank this.
  11. Wulfwynn

Wulfwynn <b>Brand New CDL Holder</b>

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    There's a few places off exit 58 that I can think of where truckers will park, just nothing to do. LoL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.