My Experience with Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Artisanchain, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Very well said Cranky!

I have heard many horror stories about Monarch. So I was surprised when I found out it was no worse than Whitebird, Donners, Cabbage...etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Roadtest complete! Got my upgrade! First solo run tomorrow morning. Too easy! I got one of the older trucks so I do not have a fridge, but I have an electric cooler so I'm okay for now. But it does have Direct TV and sirius.

4. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    krc3176 who do you work for and where are they located? That's pretty good pay for a new driver. They hiring?

5. krc3176

krc3176 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    I work for kctransportation out of Carlton Mich. I run and live in Princeton indiana and we are always hiring 😃

6. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Looks like I'm not in their hiring area. I'm on the Iowa border but not close to any terminals.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. krc3176

krc3176 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    I wasn't either I lived in Phoenix and relocated my family. I have a 2x2 duplex for 625. In phx I was paying 925. And like I said I avg 3300 weekly and I'm home every Friday and Saturday usually. I haven't brought home under 1000 weekly and I was a lpn in assisted living the last 14 years and I make more now. Tmc is a great company out of Iowa have u tried them? I've talked to a couple flatbedders that are very happy.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check Don Hummer Trucking; pretty good pay scale. Headquarters in Oxford, IA and a terminal in WI.

Goldenfan Thanks this.
  9. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Latest update...Been running steady to Denver for the most part, one short trip out to Wendover, NV.

Pay has been exactly what I was promised, and they pay you as you turn your trip packets in.

10. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Update for those interested.

Things are going very well with Pride, the other drivers are friendly and if I see one out there on the road I get a friendly wave, if I see them at a customer or in a drop yard they offer a friendly handshake.

I did have a moment of frustration tho. I picked up at Nestle Purina in Denver, it was DnH, as is with most of our dedicated freight, even Anheuser Busch in Fort Collins. But I digress, back to the original story. My tandems would not slide, no matter what I did, I could not get them to slide, a driver that was delivering grain to Purina came over and tried to help, no luck, so I called the mechanic on duty at Pride, he said go over to the TA, 'Oh great!' I thought, but the TA security gave me a VIP parking spot until they could get me in, and then let me finish my 10 right there. Head on back to the Abertson's Distro in North Salt Lake, back to Pride, and turn my truck in for a weekly service and inspection, then home for my 34 and should be back out tomorrow.

One thing I really like about Pride dedicated, is we drive hard, exhaust our 70 then take 34 and get back to work right away. All my dispatches are verbal first then it comes over the driver tech.

The owner, Jeff always greets the drivers with a smile and a "How ya doin today?"

11. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I made a run up to Billings then ran empty back to Bozeman. The wind was a killer. There were people on the radio, 'I have 44,000 on and still being blown all over the road' I made it to Bozeman alright, but I wonder if Pride will pay to have my seat surgically removed?... I want to thank the driver that gave me the advice to stabilize my trailer by tucking the fifth wheel up tight against the sleeper and putting my tandems all the way back. That helped a great deal.
    I had to layover for the next load out of Bozeman, but Pride pays 100 bucks to sit and watch the people of Walmart...LOL

jomar68 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.