My Experience with Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Artisanchain, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Here is an update. Still running hard, and Mrs. Snowshoes is not complaining about the checks.
    I got a run up to Meridian and had to sit for an extra day, but Pride pays us layover pay, so I'm okay with that. Then I got a load out of Meridian with several stops in Montana, 4 in Missoula, 1 in Helena, 2 in Great Falls and 1 in Lewistown, then back to to Meridian, then to Boise, then home with the multiple stop pay, all miles paid, it has been nice. Everything has been drop and hook with the exception of the stopping at the stores and they have been real quick about getting the pallets off the the trailer. (better than any lumper service I have had to deal with). I am on the Albertsons Dedicated so all of my trailers have been pre loaded. I call the DC, ask if my load is ready, if it is, I start my clock, if not, I wait until it is ready. I have a pre plan for a trip to Denver tomorrow. My DM likes to run us until our hours are exhausted then we take our 34 at home. With my layover though I will be able to run recap as long as I can.

It has also been nice with the Pride rider policy to be able to take my son with. He loves to ride along. He got some weather pictures of our last trip to Denver. I'll have to post them.

jomar68 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Le0hart

Le0hart Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    South West, Indiana
    My wife and I have been considering going back to OTR driving. I have been working local in Princeton, IN for Ryder. Home everyday after my shift. But the wife and I have been wanting to be able to spend more time together. Saw a hiring ad on indeed from Pride in my area. We were interested because of the rider and pet policy and hearing a lot of good things on here. I heard the satellite radio costs, but does the DirecTV cost for the driver as well? Also, I heard that the rider policy is $30/month and pet policy is $500 deposit. Is the $500 up front? Is the rider fee accurate?

We live in southwestern Indiana and we are guaranteed $900/week with home time everyday at my current job. Just thinking about going back out OTR. Thanks for any info! Been great to see people's posts about a solid carrier that isn't too big or too small.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  4. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Yes on the rider insurance, I pay 30.00 a month and have all of my family on the list and any of them can ride at anytime as long as they are over 8 years old, no waiting period like some companies. I am not sure about the pet policy (Allot of Pride drivers have pets, more than other companies I have worked for), but if they do charge that amount they will deduct it monthly. Serius/XM is up to you, the trucks are equipped with the radio, but you have to pay for your own service, allot of drivers just have a flash drive loaded with music and play that. The tv and service are free...but (everyone I know has a big but) You have to pay for their invertor, I am not sure of the cost on that, I have my own TV and blu-ray and an external hard drive that is loaded with movies and TV series' and that keeps me entertained, I drive for the dedicated fleet so my DM likes us to run hard, so we drive almost 10 a day and then reset at home once a week. But that is strictly the way dedicated runs, not sure about regional or OTR fleets, I would imagine just like any company, so I very little time for entertainment. Drive sleep-drive sleep-drive sleep, short day run...reset.
    Give Brian Jenkins a call, he can answer these better than I can, 801-972-8890 or toll free 800-877-1320.
    Pride is a good company, and the owners are fair and friendly. They have a good safety team, and payroll is always on top of things. I get paid per trip, once I drop a trip pack, it is in my account that day. If you choose to get paid weekly, or bi-weekly, you can wait to drop your envelopes, or you can write on there, "Pay on Friday" or whatever day you like.

Good luck to you and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Le0hart Thanks this.
  5. Le0hart

Le0hart Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    South West, Indiana
    Thanks so much for the details Snowshoes! Glad to hear you're still enjoying things at Pride. I have definitely been considering giving them a call. The radio isn't a biggie, me and the wife have an Audible subscription that I use through the Auxiliary port (I'm guessing since they have newer trucks that the radio has an Aux port) with my phone and also have a lot of Podcasts that we like. Thanks for the numbers and maybe I'll see ya around soon : -)

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  6. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    All of the radios do have the USB and AUX ports.

Le0hart Thanks this.
  7. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Well I got back from a run up to Wyoming and my DM asked if I had changed trucks yet, I told him I didn't know I was supposed to, so he gave me a truck number, I went and looked at it, and got me a nice newer 579. I am home for my son's baseball game and before I go out again I will move all my stuff over. It's nice to be able to call dispatch and say I would like to be home for my sons game, and they do it....When I worked for Andurs (great company, lower pay) they would try to get me home, but not always able. I have been home for everything I have asked for with Pride. I won't even discuss my time with Werner or Crete trying to get home....

8. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Well here is my latest update with Pride. They have been a fantastic company, I have been getting miles and the checks are decent, they really take care of drivers. But I have been offered a local gig driving cement mixer. Hourly pay, overtime, paid bennies, and eligible for pension after 4 years. I could not pass that up. I will continue to monitor TTR tho.

9. strnman

strnman Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    How long were you with Pride? It sounds like you had a good experience...I am in the process of trying to find a company. Have about 10 years driving experience but have not been in a truck since October 2014

10. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I was with them for only 4 months, but they made a huge impression. With a short break like that, the most they will do is put you with an evaluator for a week. I would bet you would not even have to do that. Give the recruiters a call, ask for Brian. He can answer all your questions.

11. tdawginahwa

tdawginahwa Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    YO! Snow shoes, how have you been, haven't seen you since we dumped bark outside SLC while with St. George Andrus...You digging you new gig

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.