My Experience with Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Artisanchain, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I am. Things are going great now.
    How have you been Dawg?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Well, the grass was definitely not greener on the other side, I called Brian and got the ball rolling again. I'm going back to Pride. Cement mixer was not all I had hoped.

Swedish Chef and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. krc3176

krc3176 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    I went to pride in May and came back to kc transportation in June. I was making half as much. When u add detention pay and layover pay into you overalll pay and give me 2 full days for a 10 hour run I was running 2500 miles a week because I was sittting at shippers and recievers and you have to schedule home time. I now run 3500 miles a week I'm home every weekend again and I make .43 cpm and I've been driving 9 months. Pride started me at .35 cpm. Some like bringing home 900 weekly I prefer 1200 weekly

5. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Not sure why you were getting so few miles. I was always running, and was always resetting at home weekly.
    Glad ya found something that fits ya. Since I'm from Utah, Pride is a perfect fit for me and as long as they keep me running, I'll keep driving. I never have taken 2 days for a ten hour run.
    Best of luck to ya and keep the wheels rolling and the shiny side up.

6. matt01887

matt01887 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    The best employment decision I have ever made is Driving for Pride Transport. Steve, director of receuiting Steve, gave me a ride in his personal vehicle on his own time to help me pick up my belongings. Rachelle in Safety has been a great instructor. My driver manager/dispatcher helped me get the load that I needed to go to another employer's orientation when I thought Pride would not work for that lifesryle scenario. I chose to stay at Pride because they did. When I wanted to be home more often, Pride had a dedicated route that got me home every other day. If I want to be OTR, I am. If I want to stay western regional, I can. If I need an employer that works for and with me to get me where I need to be, I can count on Pride Transport as my carrier. What keeps me in a Pride Truck, and continuously coming back to Pride, is that other employment opportunities fail me eventually. I've never felt disappointed or anxious at Pride. I left to go to College, and thanked everyone at Pride for helping me go back to school. I wanted to move to a different state and Pride helped me get there. Pride has never let me down and I have always continued to grow in every way driving for Pride Transport. Thanks to all of you at Pride Transport.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  7. matt01887

matt01887 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I :love4: Pride Transport! Best Employer Award :thumbright:

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    They sure have put some good looking rides on the road. Love what they did with their new logo. Did they keep the cameras in the trucks or do away with them?

9. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    They have outward facing cameras.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  10. thebreeze1

thebreeze1 Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2017

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.