My Experinces At May Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MGASSEL, Jul 16, 2007.

1. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    Thanks for giving me something to ponder;
    At first I didn't read your post clearly, had semi/big rig on the brain and looked for them (2008 Ford SuperDuty's) on the net with the pedal assembly and saw what looked like what we drive, Ford F150. Then realized, oh, they don't make big rigs. hmmm. I can try & use the excuse that's it's late :biggrin_25518:again and again, but am sure it doesn't fly every time.

So, searched for adaptive pedals and found some possibilities!!! Well, it's a start anyway. DOT approved !!! It's an automatic clutch system.

Now if I can get one for the gas & break pedals, I'll be sitting pretty. I could make my own. Part of my job includes adaptive technology, but I don't think I can get it to conform with DOT specs. :lol:
    To be continued...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    Well good news the third time was the charm.
    I was at Brooks monday and took my test again and got assigned my own truck I got a Freightliner a truck that I actually wanted. The training guy told me well I try to give a truck that a person wants even though he was dead set against it.

What do you think my first load was it had a messed up place that was a little hard to get into there were cars parked in the same lot as the docks and not alot of space to manuver but I hit the hole just took alot of GOAL and paitence. It eneded up beeing only 10 pallets only aprox 20,000 lbs

I got my second load it was almost 44,000 I was scared of the load at first but once I hit the road I got use to it.

I pulled heavy loads with the trainer but you all know how it is the trainer is backup but with out him I was like I said a little scared at first.

It just took me to build up my cofindence to be able to do it.
    You all know how it was on your first load and then your first heavy load.

I was suppose to get hometime but they are trying to send me back out west to portland again but I have to get my truck looked at first the check engine light is on.

4. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    Congrats!!!!!

5. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    MGASELL,

Congratulations on passing and getting your own truck. I'll bet you are proud of your accomplishment. Take care of yourself and drive safely.

6. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    May fairly compensated for s/o's breakdowns lately. He stuck through the mud & the muck & made it through without blowing a gasket or walking off the job (stepping down safely, backwards) He has another truck and is driving once again. Wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. Kinda scary after a very small paycheck last week. Knock on wood!:biggrin_25525:

7. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    MGASSEL,

Any updates on your over the road ventures as a solo driver?

8. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    Well I got aprox 2300 miles my first week.

My truck had turbo issues they had me go to the dealer in cheyenne but they were going to be slow and not look at it till tue or wed so they told me to take it to denver and go on home time,

Now here is the part that pisses me off I got home at 6:00 pm on sunday but they expected me to be on the truck wed at 7:00 am.

I basically got 2 days off and that was it. I need my home time especially after beeing out for 8 weeks.

I am going to request that I get a load to layton and speak with the dispatcher and possibly the terminal manager.

I do not want to quit but I need my hometime I am going to take 7 days off to try and sort things out once I get to layton because that is were my car is.

What should I do?

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Welcome to the reality of truck driving and lying recruiters.

I would have taken a stand while at home, instead of getting back on the road.

10. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    What is the timeframe you need to give notice for hometime? Two weeks? Give them a home time for seven days off two weeks from now. Although, you'll be lucky if you get home on the day requested.

11. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    If I were you I wouldn't get too demanding for your time at home. One day a week off is what you get and your time with the trainer probably didn't include any days at home. If you are on a 90 day probationary period which most new employees are and they don't like your attitude or work ethics they might part ways with you. Stay focused on your job and look to make some money when starting out and don't complain to management.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.