My Experinces At May Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MGASSEL, Jul 16, 2007.

1. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    Your days off, at May, start the day you're hired. Right after orientation. So, if you've been out eight weeks you had eight days coming, you used two, but have to give a two week notice which will earn you two more. So you will have eight days coming once again. I don't think they will have a problem with it, or shouldn't, because they were earned already. You've been hired, you earned your time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. doubledog

doubledog Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Tigard, Oregon
    I basically got 2 days off and that was it. I need my home time especially after beeing out for 8 weeks.

I am going to request that I get a load to layton and speak with the dispatcher and possibly the terminal manager.

I do not want to quit but I need my hometime I am going to take 7 days off to try and sort things out once I get to layton because that is were my car is.

Dude I don't get it at all. It took you 8 weeks to finally get a truck of your own and you have now only had it about a week and suddenly you are crying for home time. You just had over 48 hours off duty. The normal reset if it is given at May is a 34 hour restart. You CAN NOT BUILD A REPUTATION ON WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO!!! If you think you are going to be able to go into a terminal and dictate policy to a manager, I would suffice to say that you might be suffering from cranial-rectal inversion. It's your career and from following your posts for the last couple of months (well before you went to CDL school) shows that you were trying really hard to build this into your career but as a newbie you cannot expect to drink cream when a senior driver has to sip sour milk. Before you do anything real rash, I would suggest thinking over your life goals before you go any farther. If May Trucking is not the right fit for you, go to another company to start your career. Don't spend a year in an unbearable situation. You will only stew on it and make it worse. You've got your school behind you, now set priorities to achieve your next goal. Heck 30 years ago when I was driving out of Portland and returning with loads back into the Rose City the same day, it took me over 120 days to get home to Sheridan, Or. You have to do what you have to do. Back then I quit to watch my family grow up. Now their out of the nest and myself and my wife are going to be teaming to run 48 states for May. The trainer I just got off the truck with hasn't had a single day off for 90 days. I'm soloing out next week and my wife will be done with her cdl school in 2 weeks. Being away from home for 8 weeks sounds like a minor inconvience compared to what you are saying. "GO TO HEAVEN FOR THE CLIMATE, GO TO HELL FOR THE COMPANY." Welcome to the world of "Inventory Relocation".
    :kermit:
    A Person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it. So if you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. Good luck on the path you choose. I'm not trying to dis you or burn you man but you better remember where you came from and how hard it took you to get here.

:druid:"Destinations are often a surprise to the destined." Neil Gaiman

4. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    Well doubledog I was promissed hometime after going solo.

I found out what the problem was someone had messed up in the computer it said that I owed them time I have been off too many days already but I explained I had only been home for 2 days 6 hours in the last 8 weeks. I am getting hometime somewere arround the first.

That was not the first time someone messed up thay had me solo'd out
    before even though I did not test.

The only problem that I had getting solo'd out was beeing nervous with someone new in the truck and doing stupid things.

I did manage to pass the cdl license test on the first try and had the least points take off in the whole class.

You do not have to attack me saying that I am crying for hometime.

I had a late load the other day but it was not my fault because they had no apt time on the dispatch my dispatcher was suppose to find out and let me know but she never did. So the night before I was to deliver I qualcomed night dispatch and asked what time is my delivery they told me ans I told them that it will be late because I was never given a time for delivery and I was out of hours for the day.

So my dispatcher called started raising all kinds of hell because I was late and I said not my fault you never sent me a message for the delivery time even after I asked you daily about the time I even qualcommed her a couple of times and no repose.

She got mad and slammed down the phone.
    I almost quit but I got it worked out for the time beeing.
    I think me and my dispatcher are alike kind of bullheaded and stuborn.

5. Gearlardi

Gearlardi Bobtail Member

May 29, 2007
    NE Ohio
    I am Glad that you are getting the experience that you need to be a good driver. Have fun!!! Be SAFE.

6. Gearlardi

Gearlardi Bobtail Member

May 29, 2007
    NE Ohio
    First off trucking is not for everyone it is not a bed of roses.
    Are you one of those newbee's that thought this job would be a giant vacation? It is not a giant vacation it is a job sure you will see some stuff but that will be as you are driving down the highway.

Yes the comapny may not get to were you want to be in the time that you want it you just need to suck it up and take it.
    Rember that no company will go out of it's way just to get you some were.
    It costs money to run a truck and if the truck does not go through a certian town or near that town then you must wait. You should of been making money per mile or per week that you were on the truck so it was not like you were working for free.
    I have not even been out with my first company yet but will be leaving july 14 but atleast I know that I can not allway get what I want when I want it.

You are there for one thing to get trained and to learn how get the loads delivered on time not anything else. You are not trained just by going to school. School only teaches the basics.

He sounds like a whinner he will not get much sympothy here from many of us.

People need to quit comming on here and ******* and moaning because they can not handle the trucking job or I dont not get what I want when I want it etc.
    Im sorry but the truth is the truth and this has to be said not every joe or jane blow is cut out for truck driving.

Please do not come on here and whinne because you were not cut out for the job.

again I am sorry if this offends anyone or ****** off anyone but it had to be said.

First off I am not a supertrucker.

I have been on the road with others so I know What I am getting into.

I have been warned but you need to rember that you need to take things with a grain of salt.

The people trying to warn me are all newbiees not a long term driver. Newbiees know verry little to nothing about the industry the newbiees are not giving all of the facts either they only give bits and peices of the true story.

Yes I will be going with May I am not out there to please everyone just do the job correctly the best way that I can.

Rember that you must be flexible in this indstury you may not get what you want when you want it.

Quotes By MGASSHOL 06/01/2007

Sorry I Didn't Correct The Spelling I wanted to leave everything just the way it was!!!!

Gearlardi

7. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    I don't think he asked for any.

I haven't counted up all the posts where it sounds like MGassel is whining. I did notice he started off well with a diary of how things were going for him. I thought he also had a possible legitimate issue with hometime described before in this thread.

I can't speak for others on here, and sometimes I don't feel I can use the term "we" easily if I am not sure on the rest of "the gangs" opinion. I sure don't think "we" want to hear the whining, but "we" also don't need to come off as a "know it all" smart ### either!

I'm also not a driver, so I try not to get to involved with some of the driver's issues, but my dh and I communicate a lot about the business. I learn all that I can from him and this forum about driving.

That's good that you too are getting some experience.

Did you mean your whole post, or mostly the spelling of MGassel's name?

At least it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders in this department, anyway.

Why is it o.k. to say "head up your ##*" in this way? creative I guess, but I think if the other is banned then they should have to type it with assterics! :biggrin_25525:

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    This is a dead thread. The OP no longer works for May Trucking.

9. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    Well, I guess you could call it a dead thread. It still carries experiences -good and bad! Not important - we could say that about a lot of threads though. I am sure if the owner/operators of this forum can find a good reason to erase it then they will. How bout that lat post.

10. Gearlardi

Gearlardi Bobtail Member

May 29, 2007
    NE Ohio
    All the lines were quotes by Mgassel
    . I have been just sitting back waiting to throw some garbage his way. Check my original post from early June 2007. I was just trying to give people a heads up about a company called KLLM. Mgassel came after me with both barrels blazing because he knew everything. i just thought that he might want to read some of his own stuff.

Menace of the midwest
    Gearlardi

11. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    Thank you for being upfront and enlightening me about what you wrote, which led me to understand the post more. Maybe next time, you can add a quotation or two to show us "readers" what you had in mind. Remember it is not only one on one here.

I understand frustration. I definitely think you and MGassel need to listen to Wallbanger's advice from that thread you are talking about. I almost didn't find it, but went into advanced search & read through it a couple times.

You were refering to KLLM Jackson Mississipi, thread, right?

I also appreciated the edit. Forced or on your own.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.