My honest, no BS, opinion of P.A.M.

Discussion in 'PAM' started by ChipW, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I hear that. I have my cell phone and air card ($240/month) and a lawyer service. Plus my living expenses. So, I figure out of every month I'm paying around $300 in bills, spending about $2-300 on food and other wants/needs....and depositing the other $4000 into a savings account. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jjkory

jjkory Light Load Member

May 3, 2011
    Toledo,Ohio
    I m a recent grad from c1 trucking school in fort Wayne , I have signed on with Pam .This Friday i find out when to expect my trainer .I heard all kinds of good things and bad things about Pam .I just have so questions and was hoping you all could answer them for me. 1) How long are you out with you're trainer before you return home?2)what's the next step after you're done with you're trainer . I heard something about an orientation what happens there?3) I have signed on for team how bad is it running teams?4) How old is the average tractor?

4. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    I was with my trainer 5 weeks. He felt he could turn me loose at 3 but company kept us rolling hard until he dropped me at Irving on a Friday. I waited? until Monday to start orientation.
    I got my truck on a Wednesday if I remember correctly. Still have the same 06 Century I was assigned.
    Good Luck dude.

5. kevin3155

kevin3155 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Well its too late to change you are now a slave owned by PAM just do your 13 months and move on I will not fill your head with good or bad because its the same at alot of companies , good luck I did my 13 and when I turned in my truck I blew through the wood arm at Tontitown and left and haul foe SRT

6. jjkory

jjkory Light Load Member

May 3, 2011
    Toledo,Ohio
    I m a recent grad from c1 trucking school in fort Wayne , I have signed on with Pam .This Friday i find out when to expect my trainer .I heard all kinds of good things and bad things about Pam .I just have so questions and was hoping you all could answer them for me. 1) How long are you out with you're trainer before you return home?2)what's the next step after you're done with you're trainer . I heard something about an orientation what happens there?3) I have signed on for team how bad is it running teams?4) How old is the average tractor?

7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    #### son how many threads did you post this in?! lol

8. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Honest? No BS?

I hate them with a white hot passion! If we still lived in big H I'd already have another job. But commuting is pretty much out of the question!

9. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Why? How did they dick you around?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. Heirforce1

Heirforce1 Medium Load Member

May 16, 2011
    The Windy City
    Honetly speaking I would rather have a 9 inch nail driven through my pinkie toe, walk on hot coals, while having a lemonade and acid milkshake before I would ever entertain the idea of driving for that circus clique of company again.

cudafish71 Thanks this.
  11. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    My truck took a powder as I went inside the shipper to get my paperwork. This happened in Lockport, NY. Road Rescue finally called a wrecker at 11:30PM (it broke at 4pm). I had to get home and the driver they sent to get me needed me as bad as I needed him. I helped him to make an ontime delivery.

They will not pay for my trip to Texas, even though I DID help. Furthermore I became "available" this morning. First DM said we'll look for a truck and call you.

Later I called and asked what if I wanted the old one back. After MUCH ado it was left at we'll find one at Tontitown because it will be a lot easier to get you there than upper NY.

This MIGHT happen tomorrow. But I'd dang near bet a C note that it'll be next week sometime.

And this isn't the only story I have by a long shot!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.