My husband's experience with CR England school at Salt lake City

Discussion in 'CR England' started by newtruckerwife84, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Harbinger117

Harbinger117 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Ohio
    I put in an application to C.R. England to get trained through them about a month ago. I got accepted, and then decided to research the company, because I research pretty much everything. It only took me about two minutes to decide to send an email to the recruiter telling her that I was no longer interested.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newtruckerwife84

newtruckerwife84 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    Hindsight is 50/50 but it taught us a good lesson...don't just check out the company's website, talk to others who have drove for them or currently drive for them. I didn't even find this website until after. I wish I had found this place first. It'll probably be 3 months before they shake him loose.:(

4. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    If he's got his CDL he should cut his ties with England. If he's got a clean MVR and a clean criminal history he shouldn't have a problem getting signed on with another company.

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    That's right . So many people leave CRE ASAP doing so is no hinderance when applying elsewhere .

6. newtruckerwife84

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    Well he has to stick it out long enough to get enough money to come home. he's not even going to be back at base at SLC until he upgrades and starts Phase 2. If he leaves in the middle of training can CR England say anything to the other company that will prevent him from getting hired? I'm just worried they'll make it hell on him trying to get out. The DMV was supposed to send his license or something here to transfer it and so far it hasn't shown up.

7. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I wouldn't think so. From what I've read here all trucking companies know how bad CRE is and don't really pay attention to any DAC reports from them. Your hubby should definitely start applying at other companies and if one takes him he can bail on England. Best of luck to you

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    That doesn't sound right . If he's out driving he has to have his CDL with him . CRE will lie to you . Keep getting advice here .

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    He's out on his 60 day temporary ... License gets mailed to the home ... CRE has been known to delay sending the paperwork to make sure you get into Phase 2 before you get your permanent license ...

10. newtruckerwife84

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    That is correct Mystic. And I also don't understand why they can keep them out up to 60 days for Phase 2 if in Phase 2 they only need 10,000 miles, whereas Phase 1 they are out 30 days and have to go 20,000 miles?? If CRE doesn't send what he needs to switch his license over he'll be screwed. But once he starts Phase 2 he could be out there another 2 months. If he decided to quit and start a new job how would he get back? Just ask to be dropped off at the next truck stop and hopefully get on a greyhound?

11. AchioteCoyote

AchioteCoyote Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    West Jordan, Utah
    Hey Rick... his "soft copy" license is issued from the State of Utah.... it's called a temporary permit until her husband is able to get back to his state, the State of Arkansas to get his actual "hard card" license from the state that he resides. So yes... it IS correct and yes, he is telling the truth, and yes, she is telling the truth and YES.... C.R. England is telling the truth.

So... unless YOU have ever gotten your CDL license from outside of the state that you reside, then maybe YOU need to realize that some things have changed in the 35 years that you've been a truck driver and had to get your licence for the very first time!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.