My husband's new career and his trainer

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by jengoode, Aug 27, 2019.

1. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Cattleman84 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Man, I'm hoping Otter WASN'T the trainer~! ;)

FlaSwampRat and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Training will wear anyone down. It's a huge adjustment going on the road with a stranger and sharing a tiny little space smaller than most bathrooms. And add the fact his trainer is a twat waffle. Yeah, I feel his pain. Just tell him to think of the money will that hopefully soon be flowing his way. Depending on what kind of driving he's doing and who he's working for. We get some pretty big checks sometimes.

The road is full of a-holes so when he is out by himself in his own truck he will still have to deal with some verbal abuse now and then. Sometimes from shippers and receivers, sometimes it's other truck drivers on the road, then your dispatcher calls you and chews you out for not doing something. Shouldn't happen all the time, but it'll happen from time to time.

Once in Chicago behind a strip mall of Mannheim Road I had a JB Hunt driver pull up behind my truck he got out and started yelling at the top of lungs. Dropping all kinds of slang and saying the #### word, right out side my customer's door. He wanted me to move for him. He was a BIG kid, too. I wasn't going to move, but my codriver caved and moved it. Anyways, it was probably better to just move it. I didn't want a fight. I don't know how.

5. jengoode

jengoode Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2019
    Oh he is....we decided that weeks ago. And we both agree....if the company thinks that behavior is ok... give us a lot to think about job/company wise.

70’Nova and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  6. jengoode

jengoode Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2019
    I think so? A recruiter called him about a job there over the summer but that's not who he works for. They were coming from south Dakota with a load to georgia.....I think they made it somewhere around Missouri or something last night. Not sure.

LoSt_AgAiN Thanks this.
  7. jengoode

jengoode Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2019
    No sir....that's not him

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Oh ok. I thought you meant that the company headquarters was located in Nashville

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I had several trainers that were fearsome. Only when the roared. Otherwise you heard and felt nothing from the right seat. I lost track of three that were very good drivers, a credit to the industry. Over the years.

This industry has suffered I suppose from a reputation and or good will point of view. I remember back when truckers were true knights or kings of the road taking care of those that need of it. That was the original impression long ago. Minus the other side of it.

Im less inclined to stop these days due to a change in our society and a increase in higher threat level. It's unfortunate. But all in all you always lose the good ones.

10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I like driving the Dakotas in the spring/summer months! It's good for trucks, lots of parking available. In the winter I had my trailer jackknife on me one night around 11PM or so west of Sioux Falls. A blizzard has just blown through. Roads were plowed, but not salted. I had a feeling not to drive. But my codriver had a relative in the hospital in critical condition and he was freaking out. So I said alright, I'll roll but just drive slow. Even at 35MPH my trailer got away from me. That was after I had an ice cold shower at the truck stop out there somewhere. In the winter everything up there is cold, even their hot water apparently. lol X)

11. jengoode

jengoode Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2019
    That sounds too cold for me!!! But my husband said the Dakotas were very pretty. I get cranky in August because the south is blazing hot but I cant complain to bad because most of the time in December I'm still wearing shorts and flip flops!

x1Heavy and TravR1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.