My job at Calhoun Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Imagine, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Imagine

Imagine Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2007
    I've driven for 17 years now and have been with this company 7 years after having 10 or 11 jobs in the prior 10 years. They are a shipping container hauler out of Eden Prairie, MN but I work out of Detroit. I came here originally to possibly become an owner operator. But after some time starting out as a company driver, I decided that they needed me more as a company driver that could offer more. Only took between 2 to 3 years before they made me an equipment and driver manager.
    It was a lot of information to deal with at first because each railroad you go to has different things you have to do. But I was working a lot and at $20/hr to start, it was better than the union driving job I had prior as they tended to keep you away from overtime. This is the only job I've had this long even before trucking as I was trying to find the best company for me. Medium size companies are the best in my opinion as they offer more room for advancement opportunities and are strong enough to weather rough times.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    drlmi, Frank Speak, bryan21384 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Nice writeup, thanks!

Imagine Thanks this.
  4. Imagine

Imagine Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Wait, is that sarcasm? Lol

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's good stuff there, driver! Glad you found a home!

Imagine Thanks this.
  6. Imagine

Imagine Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Thanks. It's been a long road. I was homeless and living in a car for a few years before I decided to kickstart my trucking career. I was always searching for the right feel and didnt put up with much. It's a nice feeling to be at a place that recognizes your work as an individual driver with the immediate management as well as the corporate level.

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    When I go into full sarcasm, you'll know it! Glad you found a home!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.