My journey at Landstar

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jul 7, 2021.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Apparently they care about warnings on the PSP. Oh well.

Cat sdp and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Delivered the windows back to the shipper, bounced 101 miles over to Henderson, NC and picked up a preloaded trailer with three stops tomorrow in S.C., one stop is a driver assist, but it pays good. After I get empty I will pick up a preloaded trailer in Beech Island, S.C. going to Kutztown, Pa. for a live unload Monday morning. Then I will cross into NJ (27 mile deadhead) and pick up a hazmat load going to Durham, N.C..

T.Rucker, Cat sdp, Speed_Drums and 6 others Thank this.
  4. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Living up to your moniker :)

5. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Bobtail Member

May 31, 2009
    Northeast
    Thanks for starting this new thread and sharing the details about your new journey. l wish you continued success in this new endeavor.
    I've enjoyed reading about your adventures at Cheeseman, Abilene, Magnum, Malone, Schneider, FCC. I will watch this thread.

runningman0661, JohnBoy and Cat sdp Thank this.
  6. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Think I’m going to quit doing drop and hooks here, though convenient, every time I do one I get a trailer that’s over due for inspection. In the last six weeks I’ve had to get three trailers inspected, on average that takes at least three hours to get in somewhere, get it inspected, and get it payed for. They currently have me on dispatch hold because the trailer I picked up yesterday is past due for inspection. And what really angers me, is my fuel card is turned off. Hello I’m under a load that delivers at 0800, do you want your customer freight delivered?
    I think my new SOP will be to get this trailer inspected and hold onto this thing for the next four months. In a year or so when the used equipment lots are full of used trailer, because companies go out of business when the freight rates normalize I might look into buying a used dry van.

So far this is my biggest complaint here, other than that I couldn’t be happier.

7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.

This right here is the most profound thing written on TTR. That day is coming, sooner than later. When it does, there’s going to be a boatload of used equipment on the market to be had. Those looking for trucks or trailers will be able to buy very cheaply, along with the freight rates being adjusted downward, trucking will be worse off then it was 3 years ago. Make it while you can, there will be a downward normalization of freight rates, along with lower demand, and quite honestly, bankruptcies when the dust settles and these companies realize the money they handed out the last year or so can’t be justified. I actually see the housing crash of ‘08 coming to trucking. Hopefully, I’ll be enjoying my retirement right about the time the poop hits the fan.

8. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    JB, as long as we’ve been in the industry we know there are ebbs and flows. Sometimes the shipper is in high cotton, and the pendulum swings and the trucking companies and O/O are sitting pretty. That Pendulum WILL swing the other way, and some of these companies and O/O who have been living on $3.00+ A mile will fall by the wayside.

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Correct. Those that can withstand the downward spiral are the ones that will succeed.

10. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Agreed, I succeeded at FCC at $1.35 all miles, and a truck payment that was $800 more a month.

11. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah I stopped doing drop loads myself, to darn many flat tires and trailer damage. At least now I know if anything is wrong, it’s on me…

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.