My journey at Landstar

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jul 7, 2021.

1. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Mama said there would be days like this. Finally got the hold issue resolved with the trailer, the system was showing the trailer hadn’t been inspected in over a year, but actually it was last inspected in March. It’s due again, but they’ve removed the hold off me so I can book freight again.

My Jersey reload turned into a CF. Got here at 1000 and finally got loaded at 1700. Just staying here at the shipper and finishing my 10, and will roll out for Durham about midnight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Ouch, vampire driving sucks…ok I’m sorry :)

4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Some members enjoy it especially through Kentucky lol

Coffey, mitrucker, Lonesome and 5 others Thank this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    @Frank Speak ain't gonna like that, just say'in.....

Coffey, Opus, Vic Firth and 6 others Thank this.
  6. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I would rather get up and get through Harrisburg, DC, and Richmond before the morning rush. I was successful, and pulled into the receiver at 0800.

7. Fastbreakstar22

Fastbreakstar22 Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2020
  8. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    That's why I do my best to stay away from drop and hook. I did a search of the load board one day and drop and hook loads comprised of about 5% of the total loads on the board. I agree with getting your own trailer unless you find a sweet "dedicated" type of run.

I'm currently on a dedicated power only run pulling containers. I'm home everyday and I'm making a decent living. Rate is less than what I could be making running the load board but when rates drop mine will stay the same. So for now I'm content with it. I'll admit that sometimes I get one the board and look around and get the urge to chase the dollars but haven't managed to actually leave the house to do it.

9. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Had a really good week, very profitable. Did a straight through load today after getting empty in Charlotte. Reloaded in Charlotte going 52 miles away, paying the truck $712. It went really smooth, all told from loading to unloading it took just under three hours.

Now tomorrow might turn into a CF, I booked a load out Columbia, SC going up to Ohio for Sunday. After booking the load I realized the shipper is notoriously slow on loading. Years ago I sat there over 12 hours getting loaded. I called the agent and explained the shipper has a four hour window to get me loaded tomorrow, if they fail to load me in that window I will be refusing the load. For one, it’s a Walmart load, I miss the appointment who knows when it will get rescheduled, and two it took me 2.5 months to get my appointment at Pittsburgh Power on Monday.

Zangief, Lonesome, T.Rucker and 8 others Thank this.
  10. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    How are things going staying hooked to your trailer? It’s hopefully making a positive difference.

Vic Firth and runningman0661 Thank this.
  11. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Got the truck and trailer inspected on Wednesday, I’m good for 4 more months. I’m going to hang onto this trailer as long as possible.

Lonesome, Vic Firth, ncmickey and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.