My journey with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by getn2it, Nov 19, 2012.

1. getn2it

getn2it Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    i disagree, i never had the problems with my first company that i have with knight... today i was set on a load at 10 am picking up anytime.. by the time i was unloaded at the placed i'd delivered to and made it to my shipper it was about 6ish..well found out another driver took my load at 11am...problem here is, no one called me or anything, made me waste my time, their fuel, and when i asked for another load i was told there is nothing else until tomorrow...so of course i asked would i be paid layover, i was told no!! i will call terminal manager tomorrow and be sure to get paid for today and let you know how that goes....im only 4 hrs away from home and i am set for hometime tomorrow, i started to deadhead LOL...but the last time i dead headed 200+ miles to go home they threatened to ccharge me for fuel....Knight has really proven to be a ###### JOKE!!! the things that i complained about with my other company was nothing compared to the foolishness that knight puts their driver thru.....is this the norm at knight?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Yeah, Knight takes employer irresponsibility to the nth degree, but the whole industry (particularly the big OTR co.s) still has a horrendous turnover rate...ex.: you are no longer at your 1st co just being 1 yr in the industry...!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  4. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Dispatched carelessly, planned on this load foolishly. Nothing you can do. Push it, and get fired. Sorry man, that's trucking otr.

5. oso1813

oso1813 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Dumb rookie question. Im looking at knight and central refrige after i finish up this semester at school, and i was wondering are you responsable for providing your own gas for the loads. I have people who arnt truckers or used to be truckers saying yes. But when im out on the road for moving jobs and i talk to people at the gas stations they are saying they have a company card...... How dose it work?

6. jcal88

jcal88 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2012
    On the interstate
    If you are a company driver, no. Knight uses a card now called TCH. If you're o/o, you get a TCH card as well, but they keep track of what fuel you buy, and charge you weekly off of your settlement. And as far as knight vs central, I've heard central pays .28 cpm. I'm with knight, and I'm getting .33 cpm

7. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Two words you need to learn quick: Fuel and Diesel. Trucking and Gas don't mix.

bigmikectn Thanks this.
  8. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    *update* Well as of 3 weeks ago i am guessing that i am unemployed. When i called and asked Randy, the terminal manager, he said that i still have my job.
    i finished a very short load 350miles down in S.A. ,tx and i woke up bright and early 7am with a fresh clock and hoping for work after a slow day. 10a.m. rolled around after i finished showering, eating ect... still no load, i don't like to rush but i called my Fm when i got back to my truck at around 10:15 or so. i asked my FM what are the chances of getting me moving within the next hr. because i had been sitting up all morning waiting for a load. i didnt want to go to sleep and then 5mins later be woken up by a load.
    Fm(Corey.Evans) assured me that he had me some good miles coming. I sat and waited ANOTHER 1 1/2 and so i called again and told him i was still waiting, he then shot me a load but it was very short.
    (FM calls me) : he wanted me to take the current mty to a shipper and then BT to dallas(60miles away) to pic up a container, then head over to another shipper and run two container loads to finish my day. i have NEVER worked with containers before and expressed that, i was told it's easy and just to do it because this was the only thing left, i was even told i would be paid 60$ per load. the containers were to finish my day off and then the place where i dropped the empty would be ready for me to run by the next day.
    I got all the way to dallas, grabbed the container, once i got to the place they were closed! by the time i called FM he was gone. i called his cell, even buzzed Randy cell like they tell you to do....NO answer. finally FM called me back, and told me to just sit tight until the next day. I questioned how i would be paid for the day of wasted time ect.... i was just told "i'll talk to you tomorrow". I DEAD headed back home to Houston.

They were upset that i did that, but just like before, Randy understood who's fault it was, and also that He probably would have done the same thing. 2 days out and i barely made 80$ because of someone elses BS!!! so Randy sent someone to pick up the truck because he cried about how bad he needed it. so i asked him, well does this mean you are firing me, he said no i was under the impression that you were quitting because you dead head home... i siad no im not quitting i rather sit at home and not be paid then to sit somewhere else and not be paid...anyway he assured me i still have my job but he wanted to do a meeting we me and FM before i returned..... Apparently this is one busy man because he scheduled a meeting 2 days later...i told him i do not own a car i live in houston the terminal is in katy about a 20min drive....i asked him is this something that we can deal with since im u here now and i explained to him i didnt have the time or means to come back and forth. i was blown off....
    a full week went by, i called again and was told that Randy was out of town for 2 weeks on business!!!! you all get the picture right! LOL Knight transportation Katy,TX Terminal !!!!
    NOW if you read earlier into my posts.....You will see how it went from Good to Bad to Worse.

9. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    Apparently "Jason Jones" (Guy above Randy in chain of command) is always in a meeting himself...3 voicemails and a week later... still no hope. this is what happens and why that turn over rate is so high. this is what also drive a lot of new drivers out of the business. But we all are just human, some of us think we are something other with some magical powers but NOT! 2 wrongs do not make a right but if the one wrong is THE PROBLEM, why not remove/repair it and then move on. no one cares about the driver, and the driver takes the fall for the FM. Those guys are heartless, do not listen to all of their crap about (we're a big company with a small company mindset. or how everyone is just like family.) dont listen to the SWEET nothings! they're just another example of DogeatDog, it is shameful that we are like this. now considering the fact that i told Randy how i have a newborn at home, you think he thought about that!?! all he wants to do is Dodge the bullet just like im sure the next person will do.

DessMan Thanks this.
  10. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Although i don't agree with what you did, because it was very unprofessional, D/H all the way back to Houston without permission. I gotta say, i've heard some stories about that Katy, TX terminal. It's like falling into a snake pit. You'll never get out.:biggrin_25523:

11. getn2it

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    yes, it is all good, DOCUMENT , RECORD, and thats all the proof a judge needs to do their job.. We'll see what changes when eeoc gets involved

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.